St. Elsewhere

Part 18

"Would somebody please tell me what the fuck is going on?"

Sean was aggravated.

In fact over the past week he had become insufferable and irrational.

He had had no contact with Mia since that phone call on the day of her arrival back at home. That was almost three weeks ago. He had called repeatedly but she had never answered any of the calls. Text messages had gone unanswered and voice mails gone unheard.

What annoyed Sean the most was that Lauren obviously had spoken to Mia, because every time Mia's name was mentioned Lauren immediately changed the subject.

So today was another band practice that was going nowhere. Everybody seem preoccupied, their thoughts elsewhere.

During one of the numerous breaks Lauren was sat next to her brother and whispering urgently to him.

That was when Sean snapped.

"It's about Mia isn't it?" Sean inquired angrily.

"And so what if it is?" Lauren challenged shooting him reproachful glances.

"I think I have a right to know."

"Sean, let's be honest here, you hardly know Mia. Giving her a lift up to Oxford really doesn’t mean all that much." Gavin added to the discussion.

"You just don't get it do you?" Sean almost shouted out in frustration. "You just don't get it do you?"

"Get what Sean?" Nat asked gently. She had come down from Cardiff to spend her free week with Rhys and attempt to sort out some of the tension that was freshly rising between the band members.

"I can't get that girl off my bloody mind. She's always there and it's driving me crazy not knowing what is going on with her and if she's alright."

After this declaration there was stunned silence.

"Ah fuck this." Sean spat picked up his car keys and marched out of the practice room that was Rhys and Nat's apartment.

If he wanted answers then he was going to have to get them himself.

- - -

Today had been a hard day for Mia and her mother.

Mai had brought her mother to her arranged physiotherapy session. Mia's mother couldn't really walk all that well anymore and it was only really a matter of time before she would be completely dependant on a wheelchair. The doctors gave Mia's mother three months.

Things at home had already hit an all time low, despite being back at home for only a week.

Mia was in a total emotional mess.

She missed dancing. She missed London and she missed the people there. Lauren and Sean especially.

Mia knew that if she got one more message containing bad news then she would crack.

At present Mia was sitting in the kitchen of her parent's house staring emptily into space, clutching a cup of freshly made tea in her right hand, resting her head on her propped up left hand. Her headaches had gotten worse over the past days and no matter how many aspirins she took or how many glasses of water she drank, the headaches wouldn't go away.

The shrill sound of the doorbell echoed suddenly around the hallway.

Sighing Mia got up and walked towards to the door and pulled it open, not at all expecting to see whom she did.

"Sean what are you doing here?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and feedback are much appreciated <3