St. Elsewhere

Part 26

Mia's initial protests were brushed away by every band member and even Lauren and Nat. Mia knew they needed money themselves to finance the recording of their first album that they had been working on for a while now, and when she voice this worry to Snoz he just brushed this qualm away too.

"Your mum's well being is far more important than any album recording ever will be."

Despite all the reassurance from everyone, Mia was still worried. How many people would turn up? Would anybody even turn up? Thousand more worried flooded through her head and chased each other until Mia couldn't think straight.

However what Mia did not know was that during her three-week absence from London, The Blackout had been playing sold out shows to delighted crowds who sang back every word of their songs.

The organisation was insane.

Thousands of bulletins on myspace were sent out, urging fans to come and informing them of the difficulties that Mia and her family were going through and how they wanted to raise money and awareness for multiple sclerosis. Flyers were posted around towns and around the three different venues that The Blackout would be playing in. Music magazine began to take a keen interest in the affairs and soon the band found themselves doing interviews for Kerrang and Rock Sound.

The response so far had been massive and there were yet two more days until the opening show. It took far longer than four days to organise everything and so Mia ended up staying a week in London, causing slight difficulties at home but that wouldn’t matter soon.

In the time when the band members were running from interview to interview and when Nat was attempting to sort out venues and all the other details Mia had gone back to the Ballet School to claim her scholarship back again. The teachers welcomed her back and showed understanding of her situation.

So during the day when the band was busy Mia caught up at the Ballet School, this proving far easier than she had thought, she had secretly been practicing at home.

"You ready?" Sean asked as he walked into the guest bedroom in Nat and Rhys' apartment that Mia had been vacating.

It was the opening night of the three day show marathon. Miraculously the shows had sold out completely. Nerves were gnawing at Mia's stomach as she picked up her grey Jack Wills hoodie and pulled it over her straightened her.

Sean could sense her nerves and pulled her into a close and comforting hug.

Mia laughed self consciously.

"I have no idea why I'm nervous, you're the ones singing and playing tonight."

"You're just anxious about the response it'll all get from the crowd, which is something you should defiantly not be worrying about," Sean said firmly and planted a kiss on her lips. "Come on lets go."

Twenty minutes later Mia was stood next to Sean with the rest of The Blackout as well as Lauren and Nat, holding her breath as the neon sign of the Barfly signalled that something big was about to happen.

Everybody took a collective breath and walked through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it's been ages! I hope people will still read this!
I think the story will come to an end around chapter 30...
Feedback and comments are lovely.