St. Elsewhere

Part 27

"So Sean what was the inspiration to do such a high profile charity gig for such a vital cause?"

"Well my girlfriend's mother is a long term sufferer from MS and it brought a lot of stress and heartache for the whole family. It meant my girlfriend couldn't do the things she wanted to and her mother was living a life that wasn't really a life."

It was a day after the last of the three night gigs that The Blackout, Lauren and Nat had organised, and at present Sean, Gavin and Rhys were on the KERRANG radio talking about the reasons for such a mass response from both the public and from themselves.

The three nights of the shows had been incredible.

At present Mia was sat outside the KERRANG radio booth, radiant with pride and happiness. It seeped out of her pores and rained onto others, despite the fact that the total sum of the money raised hadn't been added together yet. Regardless of that, Mia knew that it would be enough. The crowd had been supportive to the highest. The sale of the tickets, including the merchandise brought in more than enough money, but on top of that there were donation boxes around the venue, which were filled by the end of the night.

The local support bands from around the London area, as well as some bands from Wales such as the close friends in the form of Kids In Glass Houses played on the stage in the Barfly. A surprise visit and large donation from Ian Watkins of Lostprophets left Mia in hysterical tears of joy and gratefulness.

Nat and Lauren had proven to be tower of strengths. Nat was running around with a super sized box of tissues for a constantly tearful Mia, and on top of that she managed to wean off even more donations from the audience as well as organising interviews for the band once the show was over. Lauren was haggling and selling t-shirts like a manic from behind the merch table.

Nat was at present sat next to Mia. A grin was on her face. She knew what did not need verifying. The three consecutive evenings were an undoubted success and had inspired success and hope. Lauren was back in Rhys and Nat's apartment with some friends who took up accounting and they were busy counting the money together.
Nat and Rhys had also proven their unfailing patience by letting the band stay in their tiny apartment in central London, as it had been a too long a journey to be under taken from South Wales during the weeks of organisations.

Gavin and Sean finally stepped out of the radio booth, each with identical smiles on their face.

Sean was immediately by Mia's side and their hands were interlaced.

"I want to take you out," he boldly declared with a grin and planted a kiss on her hand.

"And I already feel sorry for you," Rhys said with a laugh as he put his arm around Nat's waist.

"Ignore him," Sean said boldly with a grin. "I have tickets for us to go to the Royal Ballet. Front row too." Sean said with a grin.

Mia's face broke out into a massive grin as she heard this.

"Wow Sean you are totally smitten. You're actually going to see a ballet for which you bought the tickets," Nat said with a laugh.

If only she knew how smitten Sean really was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and bad!
I plan on wrapping this story up at part 30. It's been dragging on for far too long already.
Feedback is love
xxxxx