St. Elsewhere

Part 28

"I can't believe you actually took me to see that," Mia said with delight as they were walking up the stairs to Nat and Rhys' apartment later the evening after the ballet had finished.

"Well I'm full of surprises, and I will happily be going to every ballet show that you are in once you graduate from the school," Sean said with a grin as he watched Mia joyfully climb the stairs in her floaty blue dress that she had donned especially for the show.

Sean was pleased with the efforts of the past weeks. For the first time in what felt like years he had seen Mia truly happy again. The last time he had seen her smile like that was when he had walked her home from the gig that they had played in London ages ago, the one that had been her first gig.

They reached the top of the stairs and Mia took hold of Sean's hand, a slightly more serious expression playing across her face.

"I just want to thank you for everything that you've done for my mum and me. Just knowing that someone cares that much is just… "

Words failed. There never are enough words or enough right words to put across just how much one person has changed another's life.

Sean just smiled down at Mia, a thread of understand and support running closely between them, needing no words to describe or explain it. Other people would simply have to accept it, or see it in their living example of their ever day life together.

Despite the hectic three weeks, Sean and Mia's relationship blossomed and they provided the perfect picture of a happy relationship. There were of course arguments, Sean was incapable of seeing and admitting wrong and Mia was too opinionated to give leeway. Their arguments were heard throughout the apartment but they were short of duration and the calm and peace that followed after were the crass contrasts in their turbulent lives.

However Sean realised that things had come to a make or break situation. If they could get through this time and still be with each other then they could manage anything. However despite their still being together after all the stress and organisation of the three days of charity work, they still had not faced the hurdle of tour.

Before Sean even had any idea what Mia was going through The Blackout were being booked to play Taste of Chaos after recording their debut album which was going to take place in less than four months.

For reason only know to himself Sean had decided to omit this truth from Mia. It had been eating away at his conscience especially during the weeks after he had turned up at Mia's house in Oxford.
Mia didn’t know anything of the thoughts running through his head, she was in their blissful ignorance and Sean knew that the argument that would blow up after the tour declaration, would be incomparable to any other of their arguments,

However now was not the moment or the time.

After stealing a few kisses off Mia Sean opened the small apartment's door with a grin and pulled back to let Mia walk in first, she drifted in with a blissful smile and was surprised to see Nat, Rhys. Lauren, Matt, Snoz and Gavin sat in the small living room.

"Woah people," was the exclamation that came from Sean as he walked into the room after Mia. He was still grinning as Gavin looked up at him through serious eyes.

"We've counted the money," Gavin said with the same serious note as there was in his eyes. "We've got a total sum of money."
♠ ♠ ♠
Two more parts and we're done here.
Feedback is appreciated.
xxx