St. Elsewhere

Fin.

Paris.

The Grande Opera Bastille.

Three and a half years later.

The backstage of the opera was a hustle and bustle of commotion. Make up artists were finishing the bits of touching up on the hysterical, hyperventilating and nervous ballet dancers, girls from the costume cupboard checked and double checked the costumes and corsets of the dancers and the master choreographer was reassuring flustered girls.

Mia was an island of calm amongst a sea of loud squawking geese.

Or should she say swans?

At the same time in the main house of the grand opera Sean, programme in hand and dressed in black trousers grey shirt and waistcoat – unusually smart, took his seat in the front row along with various important French art and culture personas and Mia's mother and father. He helped Mrs Ferguson sit, and then proceeded to take his place next to her and smile at her. She smiled back and placed a hand on his arm.

No words were needed. All that had to be said had already been said.

To Sean's right sat Matt, Lauren, Nat who had a glittering engagement ring on her hand and it was this hand that was wrapped in Rhys' who was sat next to Gavin. Snoz and Bob also took their places in the VIP front row, dressed much as Sean, with extra attention to hair and shoeshine. All had identical smiles on their faces and even though this would have been the last place on earth that a few of them would have gone to out of their own free will, every single one of them was delighted to be there. In their hands they were each clutching a program with great pride.

Sean glanced at the cover of his.

'Swan Lake' adorned the greater part of the cover in cursive, royal print.

With a grin he flicked the pages until he came to the list of cast.

The first person mentioned was one that he knew all too well.

A small picture of a smiling girl, with grey eyes, underneath which ran a short summary of her.

'Mia Ferguson at 22 years was the youngest graduate from the Ballet School in London, one of the world's most prestigious dance academies. Having showed talent, dedication and true passion in ballet pieces ranging from Tchaikovsky's 'The Nutcracker to this production of Swan Lake it can be said that she is well and truly a ballet star on the rise.'

After finishing reading Sean, with a massive smile and a stray tear, passed the program to Mrs Ferguson. Tears of pride and joy filled her eyes too as she read and it was these tears came into being again in the last act of the ballet when Mia as Odette took the last dance. To a standing ovation.

But it was far from the last dance that she ever took.

There were going to be more dances, just like there were always going to be more tours and songs for Sean and The Blackout. There was so much more in life that was waiting for all of them. And they were ready for it. There was nothing stopping them now, and even if things were to get hard again they would all be able to stand up and fight it because they had each other and it was a clique romance in the truest kind. There were the arguments and there were the tears, but there always came a time when none of that mattered, and that time was when the inner most wanted dreams of the loved one came true.

For Mia it was to be Odette and for however long she danced to have all eyes upon her, for her to command their attention as long as there was music. For Sean it was to hold the microphone out to a room packed full of people and to have them sing every word back at him.

Dreams come true everyday and everyday then becomes a miracle.

Mia was always going to be ready for the next dance and Sean was always going to be ready for the next song.

And nothing was going to change about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that was it.
Finished.
This last chapter is dedicated to my girlies Nat, Hannah, Ebbie and Emily <3 for all their support and huggels.
Thanks to anyone else who gave feedback and commented.
Before you go please read this. It fits well with the story and you'll see what I mean once you read it.
Thanks again darlings
xxxxx