Too Complicated

Chapter 10

Smiling like an idiot, I made my way back to the round table.

Andrew was looking at me like toilet paper was stuck on my shoes or something. I looked down, but I didn't see anything.

"What are you lookin for?" he called out, everyone looking in his direction.

I shook my head and made a sshh sound which made me the center of attention next. I apologized and sat down. He smiled and I smiled sheepishly.

"Where are the others? It seems they all left," Andrew observed, looking around. Christian was back to work, the twins and Courtney hasn't come back yet and Mark's in the bathroom hiding from Kendra. Speaking of, why did he say he had something to tell me? Just thinking about it made me feel like my head's going to explode. I sighed.

"What's with the huge sigh?"

"Nothing..just tired I guess. I'm hungry and I don't wanna go home yet,"

"Then go back to school! It's not over yet and you only missed like three classes, besides going to school is much better than going home.''

"Three important classes!" I added. Students go back to school in 20 minutes. True, I missed Algebra with Mr. Glass, English with Mrs. Mac and Biology with Mr. Collin. If my mom finds out I missed all three, she's going to make my life a living hell.

I remember last year, I missed math because of this club thing and the teacher was teaching us new things everyday so I didn't know what to do. The next day was quiz day (the teacher named it), and I was staring at the paper like it's going to give me the answer somehow. I tried to raise my hand, but I couldn't bring myself to raise my arm. I decided to try, and I swore I thought I heard my brain's fuse shut down. When we returned the next day, I got 57%! I showed it to my mom (tradition she made) and she looked like hell. She made me do math for a week until I got it right! Since that day, I made myself swear I'm not missing any of my classes...until now.

"Yea...that would be fun! Sitting on a hard, uncomfortable chair, listening to boring lectures and writing long essays made it much more fun!.." I said sarcastically.

"I'm just sayin! You might actually enjoy it...or...you can come with me!" he grinned his crooked grin.

"Then let's go!" I stood up. I was ready to go anywhere BUT home.

"What about---"

"They won't mind..." I left before he could say another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for not updating sooner. I had a lot of things to finish...
Thanx for reading it and comments are always welcome....