‹ Prequel: Last Chance

Chains

Sincerity.

I shoo away the maids offer to help me up. I walk over to the dresser to powder my face. My face now looks smooth and elegant but there is nothing I can do about my swollen, tortures eyes. I take a few deep breaths to try and stop my rising panic. There is another knock on the door, and the person who destroyed it all walks into my room. “You are dismissed, I will escort my lady to the hanging myself” he says to the maid who quickly leaves, shutting the door behind her. “I thought you would be glad to see your kidnapper meet justice” says Damon his face sincere. That was the story James said we would use if we were ever captured. I refused repeatedly every time he mentioned it but since the day I found out I was pregnant I knew he was right even though it broke my heart. No one knows about the true feelings I hold for James, that’s why Damon believes he is my knight in shining armor, he believes he saved me.

Damon walks over and cups my face, “what is it my dear” I turn my face away and step back. “I thought you would relish in the fact that your kidnapper will be brought to his knees in only a few hours.” I wish Damon would stop, he is a wonderful man really, he just doesn’t know the truth. “After what he did to you-“ I cut him off with a half strangled “Damon please stop” I lean against the wall holding my waist trying to hold myself together. “My dear, what is it? you can tell me” his face is so sincere, so trust worthy I know I should have trusted him before. He would have helped me come up with a plan to save my beloved James. But now it was too late. I sag as the pain hits me once more; Damon reaches out and catches me before I risk hitting the ground. “I love him” I whisper before the world turns black and I’m left with the memories of those precious months.
♠ ♠ ♠
please let me know what you like and what you don't.