‹ Prequel: Last Chance

Chains

Dreams.

The problem with being such a renowned girl is trying to blend in when you’re trying to escape. We decided to only travel at night until we got further out of town. It already seemed like half of New South Whales was searching for me. Wanted posters scattered the town, the reward for finding me was insanely grand, no wonder people are so eager to find the runaway bride. Our goal was to get to Queensland, so we could move around in daylight without being recognized.

James is originally from up north; his family is still settled there. He says in time we will visit them, but for now we need to get our lives on track. James has two younger siblings, a brother Louis, age twelve and a little sister Mary, at the innocent age of eight. When James talks about them his face becomes alight with love and happiness. He misses them dearly; he can’t wait to see them again. He says his mother would be so proud, to have found love in such a beautiful, unique woman. I dream about meeting them, I have always loved children and I can’t wait until we have a family of our own.

To my disappointment I am awaken from my lovely dream by a wash cloth being wiped over my forehead. The previous advents come crashing down upon me once more, pain shoots through my chest, to my horror I whimper out loud. I remind myself sternly that I cannot act like this. “You see she is very unwell, the hanging will not proceed until my lady Grace is well.” Demands a strong voice. I keep my eyes closed so I will not be bombarded with questions.

“Very well, we will hold of the hanging until further notice, give my wishes for when my lady awakens.” Says someone else. I wait until the door closes softly behind the strangers before opening my eyes. “Ah you are awake My Lady” I look over and see Damon sitting on a nearby chair. I try and sit up but his next words make me quickly lay back down. “My dear, I think I may have a plan to rescue your forbidden lover.”
♠ ♠ ♠
please let me know what you think :)