Status: In progress... kind of.

Lullabies

Chapter 8

--

"What'd you do to make mom so mad? I asked her where you were and she just snapped at me. She's being snappy to dad too." Leo asked as he walked into my room without asking.

"Nothing."

"Obviously it's something. Just because I'm a guy doesn't mean I'm dumb."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Just tell me." Leo sat on my bed, across from me and I looked at him. He was handsome, he always had been. He got looks from both of our parents.

"Look, last night Violet and I snuck backstage at the concert, all Violet's doing, and stuff happened and then All Time Low saw us at the mall and we hung out with him and we went and played paintball at Ballers Arena and I shot Alex Gaskarth in the neck and we were at the hospital and Jack Barakat picked me up and he wouldn't put me down so I kicked him in the nuts and mom got pissed off." I finished with a sigh and looked at Leo again.

"Wow."

"That's all you can say? Thanks."

"No... I just, you're always so nice, who would have thought you'd shoot some guy in the neck and kick another in the balls." Leo laughed and I scowled. He wasn't helping at all.

"Well if you came in here just to laugh at me, you can get the fuck out." I growled and turned around.

"No, Nina, I'm sorry. I know you don't want to do it, but you should probably talk to mom. She'll just stay mad if you don't apologize. She'll probably make you call the guy and apologize too." Leo looked at me and I nodded. He was right.

"Thanks. For real this time." I gave my brother a hug and then stood. I had to do this.

I walked down the stairs and into the living room where my mom sat watching TV.

"Mom...?" I asked. She nodded sharply and I took that as a sign to keep talking. "I'm sorry for kicking Jack..."

"I thought I raised you better than that." I was shocked to hear her use English.

"That's the thing, you did raise me well, but we were just playing around. Plus, he wouldn't put me down. Mom, we warned him but he didn't believe us. He brought it upon himself." I protested.

"I don't care. He would have put you down sooner or later, kicking him was not necessary." She said as she stared at the TV.

"I know. I'm sorry, I regret my decision, but it's in the past. Please don't be mad at me anymore..." I looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"I forgive you, Nina," my mom smiled slightly and I sighed in relief. Thank God. "But I want you to call Jack to apologize and then I want you to invite all of them over for dinner."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Mom, you realize it's not just the band and Matt. They have their crew too..." I furrowed my brow.

"Sweetie, I've cooked for over 50 people before, I think I'll be able to cook for a dozen."

I wasn't sure I wanted them to come to dinner. My mom was notorious for pushing food on people after she made too much. I didn't want them to go through that...

--

"Nina!" Alex Gaskarth's voice interrupted my thoughts and I sat up startled. He had walked right into my bedroom without even knocking (much like Leo does all the time). I looked down at my attire and noticed I only had a tank top on that showed my stomach and short shorts.

"Alex..."

"What? Aren't you excited to see me?" He smiled.

I rolled my eyes but nodded. "Of course."

"I met your brother, Leo. He's pretty cool." Alex walked farther into my room and went towards my dresser. He opened the top drawer and pulled out a bra. "This is nice."

I turned bright red and snatched it from his hands. "That's private, thank you." I slammed the drawer shut and leaned up against the dresser, facing Alex. His face went blank and he stood right in front of me, his body nearly pressing into mine.

"I'm sorry," he breathed and I sighed. I looked up into his eyes and he started leaning down but a voice interrupted us.

"Stop trying to get into her pants, Alex," Jack laughed and I turned my head away, blushing.

Alex chuckled and pulled away from me.

"Hey, Nina," Jack said and I turned to him.

"Hi, Jack."

"How are you?"

"I'm good. How's your crotch?" I asked.

"Perfect."

"That's good."

"Thanks."

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

I smiled and followed the two best friends out of my room, into the living room. I had been surprised that the band had come back so quickly. I knew they had a show the other day, but they decided to come back to Arizona for dinner at my house.

Alex all of a sudden stopped in the living room and Jack kept walking. I ran into Alex and almost fell on my ass but Alex turned and grabbed me around my waist.

"What the helll?" I asked but before I could say anything else, Alex was leaning down and pressing his lips to mine.

"Nina!"

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol. I stop there. Like? Ay yi yi. I miss this story. Hahahahaha anyway please comment and favorite. This is a huge chapter... - jos.