Status: Completed!

Can You Find Me?

Chapter 1

Written for a contest :)

--

*Sienna*

"I'm sorry, Alex. I have to leave. I can't be here with the memories of her." I wiped the tears away and shoved the last of my belongings in my suitcase. I had to get out of Boston. There were too many memories of my sister, Vida.

"Sienna, I understand that! But why can't I come with you?" Alex asked me, I could tell he was hurt.

"I need to be alone. It's all my fault she's dead." I said, my voice full of guilt.

"No! Sienna, don't even think about that! She was trying to save you, you'd be dead if she hadn't!" Alex whispered.

"That's why she's dead! Because of ME!" I screamed and grabbed my suitcase, preparing to get out of our flat as soon as possible.

"Please, Sienna. Don't leave. I can't be without you. Please." He took a grab for my wrist but I wrenched it out of the way. "I understa-"

"No! You don't understand, Alex! You can't understand!" I stalked into the kitchen and pulled out a glass to fill with water.

"Yeah, I do understand. I've lost a sibling too! But I guess you forgot that didn't you?" He sneered and I dropped the glass. I knelt down to pick up the shards and I dragged one across my arms, then across my legs.

"I'm s-s-sorry." I whispered and then I smelled it. A foul, rust smell. My eyes fuzzed as I looked down and I saw red. Lots of it too. Cuts covered my legs and arms and blood gushed onto the floor. There was a stinging and tears filled my eyes. The last thing I heard was Alex's frantic voice as he talked to the person on the other side of the phone.

--

I woke up to a white room, beeps filled my ears and bandages covered my arms. I looked around and noticed a figure, sleeping in the chair next to bed. "Alex?"

He woke to the sound of my voice and rushed over to my bed. "Where am I? I shouldn't be here. I should be dead."

"No, Sienna, you should be alive, with me." Alex stared at me, worry written all over his face.

"No. No... No!" I thrashed around and pulled at the IV and everything attached to my body. I got everything out before Alex could stop me. I saw him push a button next to my bed as he kept saying 'I love you, Sienna.'

"I love you too, Alex. Stay here for me. Please. I love you so much." I felt the fuzziness come back.

"Sienna? Can you hear me? I love you! You're not going, I need you." He shouted and I shook my head. I heard the nurses and doctors come in but my eyes had already closed.

--

My eyes fluttered open. I was still here?

"Sienna?"

"Alex! I'm still here? How?" I demanded.

"They saved you."

"Why?"

"I need you, Sienna. You can't leave me. I already lost my brother, you can't leave too." I looked up and saw tears in his eyes. Then I saw the others. Jack, Rian, Kara, Zack and Lisa. They were all standing there. For me?

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course. What makes you think I wouldn't want you?"

"I don't know. But... I'm so sorry, Alex. I'm so sorry." I reached for him and he got up from his chair. I leaned up and cupped his face.

"I love you so much." Then he leaned down and kissed me, hard. It was so passionate and knee weakening that if I was standing, I think I would have fallen.

He pulled back and climbed into the bed with me. As much as I missed Vida, I finally knew this was where I belonged.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Made me tear up a little while I was writing it, I must say. Written on a whim, that's for sure, first thing that came to my mind. Like? Please give feedback! -Josey.