I Was Never Yours

The Station

As soon as Reagan spoke, she regretted it. It took everything she had to convince Mayer to not jump out of his car after Collin, or to follow him.
“You didn’t see the look in his eyes,” Reagan pleaded.
“Since you’re not going to let me talk to him, we’re going to the police.”
“But-“
“We’re going.” Kane said firmly backing up Mayer.
Reagan’s head fell in her hands. She was so embarrassed, though she knew she shouldn’t be. How could she have let her relationship go this far? She should have ended it months ago during their last fight when Collin admitted to not being afraid to hit her. How could she have been so stupid?

When they pulled into the parking lot of the police station, Mayer went in first. He wanted to give them a few moments together before speaking to the police.
As they walked into the station, Mayer put his arm around Reagan when she reached the desk he was standing at.
“Reagan?” The officer asked. She nodded. “I’m officer Novak. I understand there’s been an incident between you and your boyfriend tonight. I’m here to help you.” The officer took Reagan into a separate room alone so they could talk; with much hesitation from Kane and Mayer.
“I don’t see why they need to speak to her alone…It’s not like she witnessed a murder.” Kane complained as she sat in a waiting chair with Mayer.
“Well if you want to argue with a cop, go right ahead and object but I’m not.” Kane sighed. Mayer was very sensitive to this situation. It wasn’t too long ago where he had to witness his mother be abused by her boyfriend. She didn’t blame him for being so on edge.
They sat in silence for twenty minutes before officer Novak and Reagan appeared, her eyes red and puffy all over again.
“We’ll be in contact with you Ms. Smith.”