I Was Never Yours

Good Ol' Micky D's

Reagan rolled over on the pull out bed she had slept on to see rain pelting the living room window in Kane and Mayer's apartment. Her head spun as she began to think about the events that took place the night before. Nothing compared to the gut retching feeling of dread from thinking that sent her hurling her tired body down the hallway towards the bathroom. With her knees hitting the vinyl flooring and her arms clasped around the porcelain toilet, she threw up until she couldn't anymore.
"Rey..."Kane said softly as she stood at the bathroom door while Reagan quietly sobbed over the toilet. Kane knelt down and placed her chin on Reagan's shaking shoulder.
"It's only going to get worse..." Her voice cracked as she spoke. "This is never going to go away."
"No, it's only going to get better. You've filed for a restraining order and there is a warrant for his arrest. It's only a matter of time before they call us to tell us that they have him."
"And then what?"
"And then we deal with whatever we have to deal with. I'm going to be right here with you the entire time. So is Mayer, and your parents." Kane kissed Reagan on the cheek before flushing the toilet and pulling her to her feet. "Sit."
Kane ran a towel under the hot tap and placed it on Reagan's face, attempting to calm her down before bringing her to her own bedroom where the bed was empty.
"Where's Mayer?"
"Breakfast."
Just then the sound of rain got louder, the slam of a door, and then the rain was quiet again.
"Girls?" Mayer called as the rustling of paper McDonalds bags got closer and closer. He appeared at the doorway with a sympathetic smile. "Nothing like a little good ol' Micky D's to cheer you up."