Status: Permanent Hiatus. I Have Absolutely No Desire To Finish This Story And My Inspiration Has Completely Run Out. Sorry To All Of My Subscribers And The People Who Recommended This Story =)

Red

Leah and Emily

Paul walked over to Sam, Emily, and I and sat down quietly. He gazed at me for a bit longer than necessary before turning his attention back to Sam who had begun a silent conversation with him.

Knowing how to stay quiet and not question what others were talking about I focused my attention back to Emily and her bubbly personality. I had a few topics for her that I wanted to discuss and was hoping that she would be able to provide answers to my questions.

“So what’s the deal with Leah” I said quiet shakily hoping that I wouldn’t be overstepping any boundaries.

“Oh Leah is fine. She’s sort of mad at everyone. It has a bit to do with me and Sam but more to do with her inability to let go of the past.” Emily said the last part quietly. She finished off her sentence gazing over at Leah with an expression I can only describe as apologetic.

“What, if you don’t mind me asking, do you and Sam have to do with Leah?”

“Well I came out here one summer in order to visit Leah and Seth, and when Leah introduced me to Sam, I fell madly in love. We were married a few months afterwards.”

“I don’t understand as to why Leah would be upset that you found the man of your dreams and married him.” I said very confused.

“Yeah well,” I heard a voice from behind me “I may just possibly be a little upset simply because Sam was my boyfriend when she met him. And as for letting go of the past I’m trying, but it’s hard to forget that you’re related to someone.” Leah stated before storming off.

Emily sighed and began to go after her but was stopped by Seth who began to run her down instead.
She sat down in front of me and just looked as if she was irritated.

“For years” She began “I have been trying to apologize to that girl. To make her see my side of the story, but she is just so bitter and irritable that it’s hard to speak to her. She doesn’t seem to understand that I never meant for any of this to happen. I never meant to fall in love and I sure as hell never meant to hurt her.” She vented. When she was done I was sure she was about to start crying. She didn’t. Instead she took the high road and began to breathe.

I sat there quietly, almost sorry that I had brought the topic up. I didn’t mean to open up a can of worms, so to speak.

Sam came up behind Emily and wrapped his arms around her. He held her like she was his lifeline and if she was to ever pull away he would be lost without her. I could tell that he began to whisper soothing and comforting words so I stood up. I didn’t want to immerse myself any deeper into their personal life.

I looked around before my eyes rested on Paul. He was looking at me the same way Sam looked at Emily, like he wanted to hold me and never let go, but then his look changed.

He now looked at me as if he never wanted to see me again. I was beginning to think that he was bipolar; cute but mentally unstable.

I walked towards him, only because I could tell he didn’t want me anywhere near him. I stood directly in front of him and just as I was about to speak I was interrupted.

“Red” I turned when I heard my name being called. Seeing that it was Sam I made my way back towards him.

“Yes” I replied waiting for the thing that was so important to pull me away from the intriguing boy named Paul.

“The argument with Leah has really worn Emily out. We’re on our way home so get in the car so we can drop you off.” He said the sentence in a way that made me feel as if I had no choice in the matter.

I looked back one more time at Paul before heading towards the car. When I was safely buckled inside and I looked out the window at the full moon, I could swear I heard howling. Turing in my seat to look at Sam I said “Are there any wolves out here”

He replied back “None that have been seen, but our tribe has legends of wolves. If you ever want to hear any of them just come to a bonfire. Our tribe leaders tell the stories every full moon.”

“Freaky” I whispered almost knowing that he could hear me. My suspicions were confirmed when I heard his soft laugh. I gave him the best directions I could to my grandmother’s house before dozing off. I awoke only because I heard the slamming of a car door. I looked up to see Sam carrying me to the door before setting me down on my feet once he knew that I was awake.

He knocked on the door and when it opened to reveal my grandma I ran into her arms, while still being careful of her weak state.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head to see Sam holding out a slip of paper.

“This has my number on it” He said “If you need any help getting around or if you just want to hang out with Emily call me, I’ll be your unofficial taxi.” He smiled and waved before getting back in to the car and driving off.

I turned my attention back to my grandma, pulling her into another embrace before I was going to start yelling at her.

No one leaves me alone for hours without giving me a good and proper explanation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe♥

Please and Thank You!!!