Status: Permanent Hiatus. I Have Absolutely No Desire To Finish This Story And My Inspiration Has Completely Run Out. Sorry To All Of My Subscribers And The People Who Recommended This Story =)

Red

Thoughts and Abandonment

On our way to the school, I began to think back at my argument with Paul, if you could even call it that. I never even let him speak to me. I never gave him the chance to tell me what was wrong.

I was beginning to regret yelling at him. I had no solid proof that he actually disliked me; maybe he was just like that with everyone.

It was when we pulled up into the school’s parking lot that I realized that Paul had actually spoken to me.

He actually talked to me.

Maybe he wasn’t so bad of a guy after all.

I was quickly pulled out of my Paul fantasyland by Emily. She shook me roughly and when I finally glanced her way, she held a knowing smirk on her face. As if she actually knew what, or should I say who I was thinking about.

I got out of the car and started walking towards the school before Emily could begin a conversation about Paul. He may have been who I constantly though about, but he was not someone that I wanted to talk about.

At least not until I understood my feelings for him. He had a way of making me feel as if I would give up my life for him. And I had only known him for a day!

Emily and I continued our walk into the school before entering the school’s office. When we arrived inside there were many people talking and running around. They were probably stressing about the new school year and how close it was to starting.

I walked up to the desk and saw a blonde woman who looked way too young to be working here.

“Hello” I said just loud enough to get her attention, but not loud enough to stop the commotion that was running rampant around us.

“Hello, dear, and what will I be able to help you with today” She spoke in a country accent, and while she noticed my presence, she never once looked up from the computer screen.

“Um…I would like to enroll into my classes; my name is Roxanne Eileen Davis.”

“Oh yes dear, you just moved out here from Memphis, you are a very bright girl,” She mumbled more to herself than to me.

“Alright” She said, quiet loudly, almost startling me “I have made the executive decision, based on your grades, and the fact that you’ve taken most of the courses that you are going to be a halfa.” She finally looked up from her computer with a wide smile filled with amazingly white teeth.

“And what” I asked confusedly “exactly is a halfa?”

“Oh honey” She began “A halfa is a senior who has passed most of their courses and only needs to take half the amount of courses as everyone else.”

“Oh, okay” I finally felt like I was catching on “when does school start?”

“School starts in two weeks.” She stood from her desk and walked around the other people in the office grabbing papers and folders. She returned to her desk and while everyone else was looking crazed and like they were about to pull out her hair, she still looked practically perfect.

“This is your class schedule; it has the name of the course, the name of your teachers, the class number, and the days that you have to come to school. I’ve put you on a Tuesday-Thursday schedule.”
“Thank you” I said, blanking on her name, before realizing she never told me it.

Sensing my confusion, she held out her hand and said, “My name is Cheyenne Meyers. It was nice to meet you Roxanne, have a good day.”

She sat back down in her chair, moved some hair from out of her face and continued to play solitaire.

Feeling dismissed I turned around to look for Emily and noticed that she was gone. I figured she just went outside to get some air. I began to head out of the school and when I reached the parking lot, I had a feeling that something wasn’t right.

I looked around and didn’t see Emily or her car anywhere.

I waited for 30 minutes before realizing that she left me.

I was completely stranded, and I had no idea what to do.

I convinced myself that there had to be an amazing explanation as to why she would leave me and I continued my walk and tried my hardest to remember that way that we came from.

*3 Hours Later*

I was sitting on the side of the road, completely lost. I had no idea where I was or how to get to my grandmother’s house. I stood and looked down both sides of the road before realizing no one was going to come.

I turned around and noticed the forest. The first time I entered the forest, it lead me to the beach. I began to think that maybe if I went to the forest it could lead me to the beach again and then I would be able to follow it down to where me and Emily first met. Someone would eventually notice that I was gone and look for me.

‘Hopefully they’re going to find me soon’ I thought ‘It’s starting to get dark out here’
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you to summertimesadness for the recommendation =)

Comment and Subscribe ♥