Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active. Being Edited as I work on new chapters.

Scars

Chapter 9

After spending ten minutes arguing over who was paying the bill, Brian finally gave in and allowed Tonya to pay half before helping her slip her jacket on before they left the restaurant.

“It’s just the way I was brought up.” Brian said as they made their way to his car.

“Well, unfortunately for you, this is the way I was brought up.” Tonya teased as she felt something brush her hand. Glancing down she smiled as Brian’s fingers nervously entwined with hers.

“Is this okay, or…?” he asked.

“This is fine.” She whispered not breaking her smile.

“It’s a shame I have to let go to drive.” He chuckled as he took his car keys out of his pocket, unlocking the car with a press of a button. He walked her around to the passenger side, opening the door and holding it open as she settled herself into the seat before heading around to the driver’s side.

“I’ll make a start on drawing up your tattoo tomorrow, I should have it ready by the end of the week.” He told her as he drove her home.

“Oh, no rush, I’ve waited this long to get it done, what’s a little longer.” She said with a smile as he turned into her street.

“It’s no bother, I wouldn’t leave any other client waiting.” Brian said flashing her a smile as he slowed the car down as he neared her driveway. She smiled back, whispering her thanks as he turned into her driveway and stopped the car. “I’ve had a good time this evening, thanks.”

“I’ve enjoyed myself too.” she replied, turning to face him, as he turned to face her too. As she watched him lick his lips she became aware that she was doing the same thing. She leaned closer to him as he leaned closer to her, their lips pressing softly against each others.

Her eyes fluttered closed as his hand came up to cup her cheek, holding her lips against his. Their lips worked in unison together, the feel of Brian’s tongue running along her lower lip causing her to pull away with a sigh.

“Sorry.” She muttered as she pulled away.

“Don’t be.” He replied with a smile, his hand reaching over to take hold of hers, their fingers lacing together. “I understand if you want to take things slow.”

“It’s not that. Well, it is, but, I just want to be careful when it comes to Jake.” She explained.

“I know, and that’s okay. I really like you Tonya, and I’m willing to do things your way.” He told her, his brown eyes meeting hers.

“I really like you too.” she admitted as a smile crept across her lips.

“Good. So let’s just go with the flow and take things one step at a time.” He said.

“That sounds perfect.” She replied as she leaned forward and pecked her lips against his again briefly. “I’ll talk to you soon yeah?”

“Most definitely.” He replied as she slowly pulled her hand away from his and grabbing her purse before she got out of his car. As she let herself into her house, she glanced back as she heard Brian start the engine, waving over to him as she noticed him watching her. He blew her a kiss and waved as he backed out of the driveway and she made her way into the house.


“And then, about twenty minutes later I got a text off him, saying that he’d had a lovely time and can’t wait to take me out again.” Tonya said as she finished explaining to Stella about her date with Brian the night before.

“And what was your reply?” she asked eagerly.

Tonya smiled, “I replied saying that I had a good time too, and that I’ll see him when I pick Jake up from jujitsu later.”

“And there will be another date right?” Stella asked, Tonya chuckling at her friends enthusiasm.

“Yeah, there’ll be another date. I just don’t know when yet. I’m going to be busy with the salon and he’s busy at Permanently Scarred.” She explained as they were interrupted by the front door opening and Cole walking in.

“Hey.” Stella greeted with a large smile as he walked over to her.

“Hey baby, hey Tonya.” He greeted kissing Stella’s lips. “I have something to tell you.”

“I’ll leave you to it.” Tonya said making to get up.

“No, its okay, it’s nothing private; it’s about this weekend.” He said gesturing to Tonya to stay seated. “I have to work, there’s a conference in San Francisco. I’m sorry babe.”

“Oh, okay, well I guess you’ve got to do whatever you need to do if you want that promotion you’re after.” She replied.

“I’m sorry babe, I know I’ve been working a lot recently.” He apologised, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

“It’s okay babe, I understand.” She said smiling up at him before turning to face Tonya. “Jake’s spending the weekend with Luke’s parents’ right?”

“He most certainly is.” She replied with a widening smile, knowing why Stella was asking.

“Girlie night in with Mr Depp?” she asked with a grin.

“I shall bring the wine.” Tonya replied.

“Awesome.” Stella replied.

“Nice to know I’ll be missed.” Cole teased with a pout.

“Aw, babe, I will miss you. Want me to show you how much?” she asked suggestively.

“And on that note, I’m going to pick up my son.” Tonya said loudly as she stood up from the sofa.

“Talk to you tomorrow.” Stella called, followed by squeal of laughter as Tonya made a quick exit.

Having had to leave Stella’s house abruptly to avoid being witness to live porn, Tonya arrived at the jujitsu club early, finding a spot to park next to Brian’s BMW, she walked across the parking lot and into the building, making her way to the room where Jake’s class was. She walked in, taking a seat on the wooden bleachers that ran along the one side of the large hall. She scanned the room, a smile appearing on her lips as she found Brian and Jake sat next to each other talking as the instructor gave a demonstration. Her smile grew as Brian looked up and met her gaze. He waved over, Jake looking up at his action and waving too as she waved back.

As she waited for the class to end, she found her gaze constantly falling on Brian, her eyes meeting his every time.

“He’s fucking gorgeous isn’t he?” an unfamiliar voice drew her attention away from Brian. Turning she found a woman who she recognised as one of the parents of another member of the class.

“Hmm?” she questioned feeling a little confused.

“Brian, the guy you were looking at. He’s too sexy for words isn’t he?” she explained, licking her lips as she gazed over at him with lust filled eyes.

Tonya bit her lip as she tried not to laugh, “Um, yeah, I guess so.”

“That’s your son he’s sat next to isn’t it?” she asked “Do they get on pretty well?”

Tonya narrowed her eyes, wondering where she was going with this. “Um, yeah, I guess they do why?”

“Oh, um, I was just wondering if your son would know if Brian’s single? Maybe pass on my number for me?” she said with a smirk.

“Excuse me?” Tonya yelled. “You want my son, who probably doesn’t even know you, to help you try and get a date with someone? What do you think he is? A pimp? And aren’t you married?”

The woman stuttered, stumbling over syllables as she tried to reply. “Hey mom, what’s going on?”

“Nothing.” She said shortly as she turned to face Jake. “I’ll be in the reception area when you’re ready.” She added a little softer. He nodded in reply as he turned to head towards the changing rooms, Tonya heading back into the foyer.

She sat opposite the reception desk, near the front doors watching various people coming and going, watching with a scowl as the woman she’d been talking to walk past hurriedly.

“You know you look sexier when you smile.” Tonya looked up, her from quickly changing into a smile when she saw Brian. “See, much better, not that you don’t look sexy when you look ready to kill.”

“I didn’t want to kill, just badly maim.” Tonya replied as Brian chuckled.

“What did Louise do anyway?” he asked.

“You know her?” she queried hesitantly.

“Not really, I try to avoid her at all costs, that’s why I didn’t come across to say hi just now.” he admitted with a smile. “So Hi.” He added, leaning across to kiss her cheek.

“Hey.” she replied with a smile, feeling her cheeks flush.

“Are you coming to the competition on Saturday?” he asked.

“Of course I am. I’m not going to miss Jake win some medals am I?” she replied “And I guess I could come and cheer you on too.”

“In a sexy cheerleaders outfit?” he asked with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

“No!” she replied, gently slapping his arm as he chuckled.

“Worth a try. Have you got any plans for afterwards?” he asked, “It’s just that Jake said he’s spending the weekend with his grandparents…”

“He is yes, but I’ve actually just made plans to spend the weekend with Stella and Mr Depp. Sorry.” She replied.

“Oh, okay, although I really don’t see what people see in that guy.” he replied with a slight pout.

“Oh, no. I mean why anyone would find high cheek bones, dark hair and big brown eyes attractive?” she teased, a smirk appearing on Brian’s lips. “And that’s just for starters.”

“True, I suppose there are worse people to be dumped for.” He replied.

“You’re not being dumped, just…”

“Cheated on.” He finished.

“Not at all. You could even join us if you wanted to. I’m sure Stella wouldn’t mind.” she offered, actually liking the idea of him joining them.

“Um, as much as I’d like to spend more time with you, I think I’d give it a miss thanks.” He replied with a smile. “But maybe we can arrange to do something some other time?”

“Of course. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t.” she said.

“Good. I better go, but I’ll call you and I’ll see you here Saturday.” He said, getting up before Tonya could lean over to kiss him.

“I’ll wait for you by the car.” Jake said as he walked past the two of them, Tonya realising why Brian hadn’t kissed her. She blushed as they watched her son walk out through the door, her eyes meeting Brian’s when she felt him take hold of her hand.

“I’ll see you Saturday then.” He said gently pulling her closer to him so that he could press his lips to hers.

“You can walk me to the car, it’s parked next to yours.” She replied with a grin as Brian chuckled.

As they reached their cars, Brian glanced quickly at Jake who bowed his head to lower his gaze, before turning to kiss Tonya’s cheek and slowly letting go of her hand and muttered good bye.

“You two are worse than some of the kids in school I swear.” Jake muttered, his tone teasing as they got into the car, “God help me when you start going out properly.”

“Less of your cheek you.” she warned playfully. “Or I’ll become one of those mothers who insist on telling you details of my love life.”

She laughed as Jake shuddered at the thought before turning up the radio, Tonya happy that he seemed happier about her having a relationship with Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this chapter, and it wasn't actually planned, but I think it was kind of needed.
Anyway, thoughts? comments? personally I think this story should be getting more comments, but whatever

Shameless promotion time...
You Just Gotta Ignite The Light
She's The Drug That I Need
Led By Pride