Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active. Being Edited as I work on new chapters.

Scars

Chapter 16

With a smile on her face, Tonya opened her eyes and stretched her limbs, groaning as they ached, worn out from the previous night’s activity. After starting off gentle, Tonya had easily coaxed Brian into showing her more of his…aggressive side.

“Morning beautiful.” She turned hearing his words, her smile widening as her eyes gazed over his naked torso.

“Morning.” She replied as he turned on his side, propping himself up on his elbow.

“You okay?” he asked as he gazed down at her with a smile.

“A bit achy, but worth it.” she smirked her eyes fixed on his.

“Sorry.” He murmured, his free hand grazing gently over her flat stomach, her muscles tightening at the feel, remembering what they had done to her just hours before.

“Don’t be.” She said with a light moan, moving herself closer to him, her hand reaching up to the back of his neck, pulling his lips down to hers.

Regretfully pulling away, Brian sighed as he rested his forehead against hers, “As much as I’d love to stay, it’s my turn to open the store.”

“Shame.” She murmured quietly against his lips. “Have you at least got time for a shower?”

A growl emitting from his throat, Brian took hold of her hand and pulled her up and out of the bed, leading her out of the bedroom and across the landing to the bathroom.

****

With a smile on her lips, Stella pushed back the drapes in her bedroom allowing the bright morning sunshine to enter. She then stepped out of her bedroom, her smile widening with the smell of pancakes hitting her nose as she walked down the stairs.

“Morning.” She greeted Matt with a smile, walking over to the cupboard to take a mug out and filling it with fresh coffee from the pot.

“Morning.” He replied lifting his gaze, “Don’t mind me making breakfast do you?”

“Hell no! Knock yourself out. Did you sleep well?” she asked taking a sip of her coffee, her eyes running over his bare torso.

“Like a log? You?” he replied as he flipped a pancake out of the pan onto the stack before placing the pan into the sink to wash.

“Perfectly. What are we having with the pancakes?” she asked putting her mug down and walking over to the refrigerator. “I have syrup, strawberries and melon. Oh and some Nutella.”

“Nutella?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.” she said with a smile.

“Okay, let’s try it.” he said as she took out the strawberries and then found the Nutella.

Sitting down at the table, Matt placed the plate of pancake in the centre and passed Stella a fork and spoon. He watched as she took a spoonful of Nutella from the jar and smothered it over one of the pancakes before taking a bite. He smiled at the soft moan of pleasure escaped her mouth, unable to stop the thought of what it would be like to make her moan like that.

“Try it.” she said pointing at the jar with her fork before taking another bite.

Chuckling Matt followed her instructions, admitting to her that it did in fact taste divine. They talked casually over breakfast, Stella insisting that as he had made breakfast she would clear everything up.

“Listen, um, I really enjoyed last night.” He began nervously as they made their way to the front door.

“Me too.” she replied with a smile.

“Would you be okay to do it again some time?” he asked quietly.

“Maybe just the two of us next time.” She replied watching a dimpled smile grew across his handsome face.

“I’d like that.” he replied as she opened the front door. As he stepped over the threshold onto the step, he leaned down and gently pressed his lips to hers. “I’ll talk to you later.”

“Looking forward to it.” she replied as she watched him turn to leave, blushing slightly as she spotted Tonya stood on the driveway, wide-eyed with a smirk playing on her lips.

Stella watched from the doorway as Matt and Tonya exchanged polite greetings before she made her way up to her best friend. “Have fun last night did you?” she asked walking past Stella who closed the door behind them.

“Yeah I did actually, but not the kind of fun you’re insinuating.” She replied as Tonya took a seat on the sofa.

“So come on then, spill.” She said looking up at her expectantly.

“We talked mainly.” She began sitting down on the opposite side of the sofa. “After you left the restaurant, we walked home, he insisted. But we weren’t done talking, so we took a seat out on the porch bench. We were out there until about three.”

“Just talking?” Tonya asked sceptically raising an eyebrow.

“Mainly, yeah, I’m not going to lie though, we kissed good night. And when I realised what the time was I refused to let him go home and let him sleep in the spare room.” she explained. “He made me breakfast this morning and asked if we could go out again.”

“And judging by that kiss, I’m assuming you said yes.” Tonya replied with a smile.

“Is it too soon after Cole?” she asked nibbling at her lower lip.

“Does it feel too soon?” she asked in reply, Stella shaking her head. “Then it’s not too soon. Do you think it’s too soon for me to be sleeping with Brian?”

“Does it feel too soon?” Stella mimicked her question.

“It didn’t last night.” She said, a smile working it’s way onto her lips.

“Last night? You and Brian?” Stella asked.

Tonya nodded, “A few times, and again this morning.”

“I thought you were walking funny.” Stella muttered.

“You should have seen me this morning, I was like Bambi learning to walk.” She replied with a smirk. “Thankfully Brian was there to help me take a shower.”

Stella giggled and rolled her eyes. “Sounds like you two hand fun.”

“It was amazing.” She replied with a reminiscent smile that quickly faded. “But I’m worried that it might have been too soon.”

“Why?” she questioned.

“Stella, Luke was the only other man I’ve ever been with. Jake’s father. What’s he going to think when he finds out that I’ve jumped into bed with another man?”

“Sweetie, as you said, Luke was the only other guy you’ve been with, so that’s what? Almost six years without sex! And it’s not as if you’ve only just met Brian. You’ve been dating for a while now. It’s not exactly jumping into bed with him.” she replied.

“But-“

“But nothing. Look, if you’re that worried, talk to them. I know it’s not a conversation you’ll want to have with your son, but explain that things are moving along with Brian and you’re taking things to the next level and maybe Brian will be spending more time at the house, maybe even spending the night. Even if you keep it to when he’s not there at first. Talk to Brian too. Explain that you’ve got to be careful around Jake.”

Letting out a long breath, Tonya nodded. Stella was right, it wasn’t going to be a pretty conversation with her son, but it was one that was probably needed. After the previous night, she wanted Brian to spend more time at the house in particular in her bed…or the shower.

****

Backing out of the driveway, both Jake and Tonya waved at Patrick who was stood on the porch of the house that Tonya had loved when she had been growing up with Luke. She had always loved that house and always loved going back to it when she picked up Jake.
Although, recently, she hadn’t had felt as welcome there as she once had. Within minutes of arriving that afternoon, Liz had made an excuse to leave.

“Have a good time?” she asked glancing over at her son.

“Already asked me that.” Jake replied glancing over to her.

“Oh yeah.” She muttered nervously beginning to tap her fingers against the steering wheel.

Jake glanced at his mother again. She was acting kinda odd, like there was something wrong. She kept looking at him from the corner of her eye, her mouth opening and closing as if she wanted to say something as she continued to tap out a dull rhythm on the steering wheel.

“Mom?” he asked looking up at her fully.

His voice made her jump a little. “Yeah?” she asked glancing to look at him, before returning her eyes to the road ahead.

“What’s wrong?” he asked keeping his eyes on her. “You can tell me, I know there’s something you want to say to me.”

A small smile appeared on her lips, as she shook her head slightly, “Okay, um, it’s about Brian.” she began nervously.

“What about him?” he asked straightening up in the seat.

“Well, um, things are, well, um, progressing with us.” She continued slowly. “And well, um, before we get more serious between us, I wanted to, well, to make sure that you’d be okay with that.”

Jake’s face contorted, “Mom! Are you seriously asking me if I’m okay with you and Brian having sex?” he yelled, Tonya almost loosing control of the wheel.

“No! God no!” she yelled back. “But I want you to be okay with him staying over.”

“To have sex!” Jake yelled again, Tonya blushing.

“Not, necessarily!” she told him, blushing more.

“Ew, I really don’t want to know the details. Just warn me so I can have my iPod on when he is staying!” Jake replied.

“Okay.” Tonya replied, happy to end the subject. Now all she had to do was talk to Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so you guys are starting to find your voices again, which I appreciate very much, and feedback is what keeps my muse going, and gets updates done quicker.
So keep the comments coming, you've shown me you're out there, don't go back into hiding!