Bitter Pill

14 year-old Taryn has never lived a life short of dysfunction. But lately, everything around her seems to be changing more and more rapidly. Friendships are breaking, her parents' spats have started to flare up again, and in the middle of it all, she's come across an infamous group of kids whom she's always strayed away from. Among the group is a 16 year-old boy named Nash, who is known for his knack for legal troubles, sex, and a wave of mystery. So what is it about him, that Taryn keeps finding herself closer and closer to him?
  1. Prologue
    Just a little background on Taryn's first encounter with a stranger she's seen before.
  2. Chapter 1
    A continuation on Taryn's walk home; her home life is briefly looked at for the first time
  3. Chapter 2
    Later on the same day, Taryn becomes acquainted with her pecuilar neighbor.
  4. Chapter 3
    A clairvoyant experience comes to Taryn in a short, but bizarre dream.
  5. Chapter 4
    Taryn's friend Lacey’s personality comes to light; Bella shares her excitement with Taryn about an invitation to hang out with older friends; Taryn has an unwanted visitor during lunch.
  6. Chapter 5
    Taryn's feelings about the day falter; her relationship with her father is examined
  7. Chapter 6
    Taryn dsicovers something suspicious while out getting some air, sending her emotions into a slight frenzy; Taryn becomes curious about Gio’s personal life; Taryn decides against telling her mother about her father’s call.
  8. Chapter 7
    Nash finds a lethargic Taryn puking in the middle of the street; His behavior becomes unintelligible near the end of the chapter.
  9. Chapter 8
    Lacey jeopardizes her relationship with Taryn; rumors began to surface about Taryn and her sexuality; Bella shares her secret
  10. Chapter 9
    Something unusual happens during Taryn's detention; Nash's friends catch Taryn on her way home; Lydia & Taryn's animosity thickens; Taryn analyzes Nash's interaction with his friends while at the lake.