Status: In Progress

Awakened

Chapter 3 - Will you Join?

Chapter 3

I was allowed to go home from the hospital. But I was on bed rest for 2 weeks. And I have no idea how I will make up all that work in school! Two weeks’ worth! I was all alone in my not so huge house. Well I guess you couldn’t say alone, I had my two dogs with me. The weird thing was, is that we didn’t have cable, all we had was internet. So we have Netflix. And as some people know you can stream instantly on the Wii. So we do that all the time, which is our cable. So I was having a Roswell marathon. I was surprised this was the first time I’ve heard of this show. I am so into Sci-Fi things, and supernatural things. But it was kind of old so I could understand that.

I was on the second season. It was disappointing that there was only 3 seasons. I think they could have done more. But the ratings were bad I guess. But jumping back on the cable and internet subject. Would you rather have no cable, but internet? Or cable, but no internet? I think many people would choose the first one.

The thing that made me laugh is that I basically died a few days ago and I’m worrying about cable. This incident brings a whole new perspective into life. And what was up with seeing that dead guy. But I am still alive now. It just creeps me out.

I turned off the TV and put on some clothes. I went outside to see no one out there. It was a windy day, the clouds were rolling in, and the dim blue set upon everything. It looked like rain weather to me! I walked down the corner, heading to the park. I’m assuming no one was there. As I turned the corner, I felt something get close to me, I turned my head sideways to see a football go straight past it.

“Oh sorry man, are you okay?” This kid from down the street asked.

“Oh yeah I’m fine.” I said with a smile, handing his ball back to him. He turned around and kept walking. Right as I turned, out of the corner of my eye I see someone. I flip around to see… Was that the man from the hospital? He turned quickly and scattered off. I walked a bit quicker down the street. Getting a bit scared. I get to the corner of the street. I quickly turned around to see him right behind me. I stumbled backwards, letting my hands catch my fall. I rapidly jumped up. He grabbed my hand tightly. I flipped around and kicked him in the face leaving a bloody indent on his face. He loosened his grip, and I yanked my arm out of his grasp. I ran across the street, then he popped up in front of me. I bounced back not falling this time, then all the sudden his face started to heal himself where I kicked him.

“What are you?!” I asked with a very tense look on my face.

“We need to talk” He said sternly. He took my arm and dragged me down the road. Once we got to the park, he sat me down on the bench.

“I’m not your enemy” He said standing up and staring at me. “I know I may seem that way, but I’m not!” He said, making sure his point got through.

“Okay…” I said, still staring at him

“Now has anyone been following you?” He asked me very seriously

“Like you?!” I asked

He laughed for a moment “Yeah sort of, but they would have been more abrupt” He said somewhat pacing around now

“What’s going on?!” I asked very confused.

“Okay…” He said biting on his nail, staring me as if he were afraid to tell me a secret. “Now you have to promise me you won’t freak out. Because that will get us nowhere” He said. I nodded my head. “Alright, now this is an offer that will need an answer now, a yes or no, no maybe or anything. Now we both know something has been off, about you anyways. You gave your life, well sort of, to save that little boy. And you remember the gold dust, and all of that.” I put on a very confused face, not knowing how he knew all this. “When someone gives there life for someone else, known as self-sacrifice. They are given the opportunity to be transformed into what we call a bound angel. They help people with the powers they are given.”

My jaw was dropped, my eyes were bulged. “But, who are you?” I asked.

“Well I was the first…” He said looking down at the concrete floor. “They sent me down to protect this man who had the greatest of destiny’s. They decided it was necessary for more than one person, so they created this…” He said very seriously “I will be your guide, or teacher to help you get down the basics. That’s if you accept.” He said making sure he put more emphasis on the end statement.

“So you asked me earlier about other people contacting me. What did you mean?” I asked. Making sure I got all my questions answered before I accepted or not.

“Oh…” He said staring off into the distance. “Well you have the option to accept or not. There are many out there like you, and they had to think about before they made their decision. The majority accepts the offer, but the few that do not accept get discharged back into mortality to live their lives. Then what we call the black angels, they usually can talk them into joining them. These are the angels that work for the underworld. And their goal is to destroy the bound angel race.” He said, trying to put it delicately so that it doesn’t scare me.

“Huh…” I said staring down “I always believed and hoped things like this existed, I always wanted to know about it. And now I’m getting offered to join it…” I said very seriously. He looked down at me with a concerned look. “Where do I sign?” I asked, and put on a grin