Status: Very Random =)

Real Dreams

Rhys

Ring! The bell rings and I’m brought back into reality. I’m in AP Calculus and Mr. Albertson babbles on like always. I don’t need to pay attention because he already gave me the month’s homework in advance because I’m the only junior in the class out of all his periods. So in a sense, I’m like his star pupil. I start to zone out. The giant gash on my arm starts to throb and sting to the point I want to scream. I have gauze and a bandage on it but it doesn’t seem to help the bleeding. My vision starts to blur and I feel myself getting dizzy. I clutch the desk for support. “Mr. Albertson! I need to go to the nurse’s office. NOW.” I practically screamed. He seems to wave his hand but it just looks like a pale blob. I quickly rush out of the classroom.

I feel myself groping the walls trying to find some sort of support. Before I know it, I’m on the floor holding my arm in agony trying not to scream.

I wake up to the swaying of someone’s graceful steps. I feel their arms tightly around me. My vision
cleared a little just enough for me to see a glimpse of his face. He was the same skin tone as me a light-dark caramel/chocolate complexion that seemed to glisten. Probably from sweat. Ew gross. It may have just been my vision playing tricks on me. “I found her on the floor. Her arms bleeding terribly and I think she’s going to pass out if she hasn’t already.” Oh my goodness. His voice sounded so familiar. Like as if it were a DREAM. This boy, guy, man, teenager, person was here with me, holding me. My heart stops. But then I realized that if he wanted to hurt me he would have already. He’s on my side. I hope. Or maybe he’s one of those guys that act like they’re on your side but then they turn on you. Nah. I’m just being paranoid.

“I’ll come back for her in an hour. Make sure she has enough fluids and give her some crackers to munch on. Take care of her for me. I do need her.” I heard the nurse mumble something, but that was it. Who was this guy and why does he need me? “Honey? Can you hear? If you can, I need you to lift up your left arm for me. I limply start to move my arm. “Good, good.” I hear the sound of Velcro. Blood pressure. “Your blood pressure is perfect. What happened sweetie?” I slowly open my eyes. Thankfully, they weren’t blurry anymore. My mouth felt dry as cotton but I managed to let a little squeak. “M-m-my arm has a cut on it.” I point limply to my left arm which is still bleeding. “Oh my, yes we’ll have to re-bandage that. So there’s no crazy story behind this?” She reaches up to a cabinet and pulls out the supplies to keep my arm from bleeding. “Nope. I don’t know.” A wry smile creeps on her face. “Ahh. Its one of those. Alright hunn I know you probably but I’m going to have to call the Paramedics just to make sure everything’s ok with you.” I roll my eyes. I knew this was going to happen. “ No, no. That won’t be necessary.” She hesitated. She sits down and sighs. “Alright, and why not?” She starts to clean and put a new bandage and gauze and starts to put a lot of pressure. “Because, if my parents find out that I mysteriously got a giant cut on my arm, they’ll think I was sexually related and that it got…………..rough.” I cringe at the thought and the nurse starts laughing. “Yes, well I guess that’s an interesting perspective your parents have. I would have guessed you were drunk and you cut your arm on a piece of glass. But judging from the size of this gash, it doesn’t seem likely.” I sigh.

I decided to stay in the nurse’s office for the rest of the period. She was very sweet. Almost motherly. “So who was that boy who carried you in here?” Her question kind of stunned me. “I actually don’t know. I never saw his face.” She smirked. “Well, he was very handsome.” I feel my cheeks start to get hot. “Well, I guess I’ll have to see his face for myself and decide whether or not if he is worthy or not.” We look at each other and start cracking up. “I’m just kidding you know that right?” I wince. “Yes I know. How’s your arm?” I wasn’t going to lie to her. “I’m not guna lie, it hurts and I still think its bleeding.” She glances over. “Yes, it still is. I really think I should call the Paramedics Blythe. This could be serious. I have no idea how it’s still bleeding.” Just then the mysterious face pokes his head through the door and a smile of relief crosses his face. “She’s ok. Great. Oh sorry for not introducing myself earlier but ya know your arm and all. Anyways, I’m Rhys”. I didn’t know how to respond. “Hi. Erm, I’m Blythe.” He smiles. “I know. We should probably get you to the hospital. Thanks Ms. Daphne. I can take it from here.” I start to get up then stop. “Wait. How do I know I can trust you?” He rolls his eyes. “I brought here to the nurses office and didn’t just let you die in the middle of the hall from blood loss. That should be a good enough reason.” He says coldly. Gosh. Meanie. “Fine.” I grab my jacket then head out of the nurses office. This was definitely the most interesting events that’s happened to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
soooooo. I'm not sure where this is going. Its completely random. I havent decided if I wanted to keep this one yet. But we'll see.... =P