Status: In progess

Forbidden Love

The Right Decision

Hyukjae’s eyes fluttered opened, the harsh light from the sun nearly blinding him. He sat up, stretching his arms out and yawning cutely. ‘We fell asleep on the window sill again.’ He thought to himself, scratching the back of his head. He stood up shakily and ran to the bathroom, emptying his stomach of everything he ate the night before.

Heechul’s eyes shot open and he instantly regretted the sudden movement. “Aish. Fucking sun.” he muttered, covering his eyes to block the sun out. He stood up when he heard the sound of retching and walked over to the bathroom, pushing the door open. The angel was flushed with sweat, bent over the toilet. “I’m sorry.” He said, rubbing his back soothingly. Hyukjae shook his head, reaching over to flush the contents. “Ugh don’t be. I’ll be fine when this is over.” He said, using Heechul’s hand to stand up.

Heechul smirked, placing his hands on the other’s hips. “You’re beautiful.” He murmured, putting his head against his angel’s. “And this,” he pointed to Hyukjae’s stomach, “makes you shine brighter than you did when I first met you.” He said, kissing his forehead. Hyukjae smiled shyly, laying his head against the vampire’s chest.

“Chullie, I love you…” he said, kissing his neck. He felt the other stiffen and giggled soundlessly. He rubbed the angel’s growing stomach, smiling softly.

“Ah! You two are up now.” They heard a voice say and pulled away quickly. He chuckled. “It’s okay. I was told to tell you two to come down for breakfast. We have someone to introduce you to.” Yesung said, leaning against the bathroom door. Hyukjae looked at him, his eyes wide with eagerness. “Who is it?” he asked. Yesung smiled and shook his head. “It’s a secret. You must see for yourself.” He said, placing a finger against his lips.

Hyukjae pouted. “Fine. Come on, Chullie.” He said, pulling the vampire out of the room. He followed obediently, giving Yesung a look that said ‘Who.’ He ran his fingers through his blonde fringe. He sniffed and froze, causing Hyukjae to look back at him. “What?” “My omma made pancakes again…And gege made Beijing fried rice.” He said, now pulling the angel to hurry.

Once they reached the kitchen, they were stopped by Eeteuk. “Omma~ I want to see who appa was talking about!” Hyukjae whined, flailing his arms around. “Nu uh. Not until everything is done in the kitchen.” He said, shaking his head. “B-but-“ “No buts. Wait in the living room with Kibum and Donghae.” He said, pushing them to sit on the couch. Kibum didn’t spare them a glance and kept his eyes glued to the book in front of him. Donghae waved happily, bouncing in his place.

“Hyung! You missed so much! Ryeowookie had-“He was hit in the face with a pillow. He pouted and glared at Kibum. “What was that for?!” he said, pouting more. “You were told to keep your mouth shut. Don’t say anymore.” Kibum said calmly, never looking up from his book. Donghae huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, frowning to himself.

Heechul raised a questioning eyebrow at the sight. Hyukjae snorted, used to Donghae’s behavior. Just as he was about to ask what had happened, the kitchen door flew open and Henli stumbled out. “Ah! The food is ready.” He said, rubbing his hands together. Hyukjae jumped up and ran into the kitchen, Heechul following calmly. He stopped right behind a frozen Hyukjae, blinking in confusion. Ryeowook waved to them, smiling happily. “Hyukjae hyung.” He motioned for the angel to come closer. He quickly walked closer, squealing in happiness. “Who is this adorable baby?!” he said, taking her from Ryeowook’s hold.

Heechul stood behind him, making faces at her. “This is Lee Min Kyu.” Ryeowook said. Hyukjae repeated her name to himself softly, playfully poking her nose. Minkyu giggled softly, grabbing at his finger. Heechul gently pinched her cheeks, smiling when she giggled more. “She’s adorable.” He said, looking at Ryeowook. Ryeowook grinned. “Of course she is. Her father is Sungmin and her mother is me. What else would you expect?” he said, tilting his head.

Sungmin chuckled, sticking a fork full of pancakes in his mouth. He leaned over and kissed his wife’s cheek, feeding him a piece of bacon. Ryeowook took it out of his hands, chewing happily. “You slept through everything, hyung. I don’t know how you managed to get through his screaming.” Donghae said, dodging a hit from Ryeowook. Hyukjae looked up from playing with Minkyu and laughed. “We fell asleep on the window sill again. I guess it was so comfortable that nothing bothered us.” He said, sitting in the chair next to Ryeowook.

Heechul walked over to Hangeng, smirking. “Bummie got you to cook?” he said, grabbing a bowl full of his special fried rice. Hangeng glared at him and mumbled something that didn’t sound nice. He cackled and took his seat next to his angel. Kibum sat in the seat next to him and closed his book, turning to look at him seriously. “Hyung, are you going to propose to him before or after the baby is born?” he whispered, filling his own bowl with pieces of bacon and some eggs. Heechul looked over to him, setting his bowl down.

“I want to do it soon. But I don’t have enough money to buy a ring and we can’t leave the house. If you forgot, society doesn’t approve of vampires and angels creating a family together.” He whispered, putting his head down. Kibum chuckled soundlessly. “Ask omma for her engagement ring.” He said, taking a bite of his food. Heechul’s eyes widened. “Good idea!” he said, causing everyone to look at him oddly. He grinned sheepishly and shook his head. “Kibummie, you are a genius.” He said, patting the other’s back.

Kibum shrugged and continued eating his food. Heechul stood up after he finished his and approached Henli. “Omma.” He said, putting his chin on his shoulder. “Yes?” Henli said, patting his head and smiling. Heechul leaned into the touch, sighing. “Can we talk in the living room really quick?” he whispered, pulling away. Henli nodded and went to the living room, Heechul following.

“What’s up?” he said, sitting down. Heechul fidgeted and looked up at him, determination in his eyes. “You know when you said that if I was ever ready to propose to someone that I loved, you would give me your engagement ring?” Henli nodded, smiling at the memory. “Well…” he rubbed the back of his head, laughing nervously. “Can I have it now?””Heechul, are you going to do what I think you’re going to do?” he said, standing up. Heechul nodded, smiling sheepishly.

Henli hugged him tightly, crying tears of joy. “Finally you make the right decision!” he sobbed into his shoulder. Heechul hugged back, holding back tears of his own.