Status: slowly active

Misfit In Hollywood

A Beautiful Song Is Born

I stared at the boy for a few moments, and then got my public face back on. I didn't want this boy to think that he was all that; not that he probably already didn't, he was Hollywood. I smiled the fake smile I had used on the guard outside and introduced myself to the gorgeous boy.
"I'm Juliette Ann Charbonay. You've probably already met my sister, Brigitte Grace Charbonay. She's also my publicist. You can see the family resemblance when we're together."

I put myself next to Bree and he stood up to get a better look as his chocolate brown eyes examined us. He was a little more than an inch taller than me
"I can see the resemblance." When he spoke, it's like I could feel the vibrations of his voice in the air, and my skin tingled. There was some weird crap going on here. "You both have the same features, but you're a bit taller."

I smiled, but this time it was real, and took a deep breath. It was getting hard to breathe in here. "I don't mean to be rude, but what's your name? Bree and I have this thing where she doesn't tell me the person I'm going to be working with's name because she knows I'll most likely flip out on her." I gasped, realizing how blunt I just was. I usually lied to people's faces when it came to unflattering reality. "Not that I flip out on her, it's just that I'm not very good with new people, courtesy of being slightly bi-polar and having my parents dying when I was young." I gasped again, and Bree laughed.

She muttered in my ear, "You should stop, Ju, you're digging yourself a hole."

I took a deep breath and was about to speak when the gorgeous boy interrupted me. "Don't worry, I understand. I have three older brothers, and I flip out at them all the time. I'm diabetic, so I have extreme mood swings if I eat something wrong. But getting back to topic, I'm Nicholas Jerry Jonas." He stuck out his hand. "Nice to meet you, Juliette."

I touched his hand and was instantly electrocuted. I jumped and pulled my hand away. "The pleasure is mine, Nicholas. You can call me Ju if you want. That's what Bree calls me."

Bree gasped and I playfully poked her in the arm. "I'm not a bitch to everyone," I whispered in her ear.

"Okay, cool. You can call me Nick. It's what everyone calls me." Nick he paused for a second. "Don't you know who I am?"

"Umm…some famous song writing dude?" I asked, confused.

"Have you ever heard of the Jonas Brothers?"

"Are they that boy band in Camp Rock?"

"Yup. That's my brothers and I in our band," he said.

"Oh, cool. Why aren't your brothers here then?" I asked, looking around. "I don't see any other curly-haired boys in my office."

"I'm doing this as part of my solo project, Nick Jonas and the Administration."

"Oh, cool," I said. I opened the door to my office. "Would you like to go to the music room? I hate my office. It's so un-musical."

"Sounds good," he laughed. I sighed in relief, he had finally stopped talking about himself. "I hate offices, too. They smell funny." I held the door open to him but he shook his head, putting his hand on the door and motioning for me to go. "It's not a lady's job to hold the door for a man."

I genuinely smiled at him, and he smiled back. "Thanks."

The smile was still on my face when we got into the music room. I sat down in front of the piano and played random notes.

"Ju," Bree whispered to me as I sat there playing nonsense notes. "Snap out of it. You have a song to write."

I sighed. Nick was just so different. He was actually real, and he treated me like a lady, not just some random girl like Justin. "I know, Bree. That's why were here, to write a goddamn song. Don't worry, I already have a good idea."

"And what would that idea be?" Nick asked, while closing the door to my soundproof music room.

He grabbed a guitar and sat next to me, with his back to the piano and his legs hanging off the wrong side of the bench. He began to play some notes, and I listened. I mirrored his notes on the piano and he started singing.

"You're beautiful, that's for sure
You'll never ever fade
You're lovely but it's not for sure
That I won't ever change.
And though my love is rare
Though my love is true."

Then I started singing,
"I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
(and baby all I need for you to know is)
I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
And I need for you to know this,"

Nick and I both sang,
"Your faith in me brings me to tears
Even after all these years
And it pains me so much to tell
That you don't know me that well
And though my love is rare
Though my love is true,"

I sang the chorus again,
"I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
(and baby all I need for you to know is)
I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
And I need for you to know this,"

Nick sang three lines,
"It's not that I wanna say goodbye
It's just that every time you try
To tell me that you love me,"

Then I sang the next two lines,
"Each and every single day
I know I'm going to have to eventually
give you away, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea,"

Nick sang a line,
"And though my love is rare, rare, rare"

Then I sang a line,
"And though my love is true, yea"

We both sang,
"Hey I'm just scared, yea, yea,
That we may fall through, yea yea, yea, yea,"

Then I sang the chorus once,
"I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
(and baby all I need for you to know is)
I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
And baby all I need for you to know is,"

Nick sang the chorus,
"I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
(and baby all I need for you to know is)
I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
And baby all I need for you to know is,"

And then we both sang the chorus,
"I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
(and baby all I need for you to know is)
I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
And baby all I need for you to know is."

By this time Nick and I both had tears running down our face. I started laughing, "I didn't know Hollywood guys cried." I said, teasing Nick.

He laughed too. "Only the cool ones do."

"We thought that up really fast. I've never made a song that fast. It's like-" I pause, I didn't want for him to think I was even crazier than he already did.

"It's like it was waiting for us to sing it," Nick finished for me.

I looked at him and smiled. "Exactly. Just like it was waiting for us."

Bree came in and gave us a look that said, 'If you guys are just sitting here and talking without writing anything I'm going to kill you.'

"Don't worry, Bree-bee," I told her. "We already finished the lyrics and notes. Now we just have to write it down."

"Ju…" Nick said quietly.

"Yup?" I asked, turning to face him once again.

"I never pressed record…" he said guiltily.

I laughed, and he looked hurt. "Don't worry, I pressed record. Don't look at me with that puppy dog face, Nicholas Jerry Jonas," I scolded him.

He looked at me in surprise and shook his head. "I should have never told you my full name," he muttered.

"Huh?"

"Nothing, Ju," he took out a piece of music paper. "Will you play the song back for me?"

"Sure," I pressed the rewind button and then pressed play.

Bree stood there and listened to the song. When the song was done she was crying. She knew that I had written it to Nick as a warning about what would happen if we got to close. I would only fly away.
"I'm guessing you like the song?" I asked hopefully.

"I absolutely love it, sweet heart," she said getting all sappy.

"I'm not your baby, Bree. I'm your sister," I said jokingly.

"I know. I'm also your publicist and manager, though. So get to work!" She said jokingly and walked out the door, leaving Nick and I to write down our beautiful song.

I felt like a parent listening to our song. I was so proud of what we had made. It was beautiful, and I was so glad that I had met Nick Jonas because a beautiful song had been born.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is I'm Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado, and I felt like making that the song they wrote. Don't worry, the other Jonas Brothers will be in the story, I'm just trying not to move my story to fast. It might start a little slow. Juliette's brother is going to be in the story soon, too.

Hope you like it!