Status: New!

Bitter for Sweet

Alive

Blood.

I could smell it, almost taste it. Where was it?

My stiff neck cracked as I slowly turned it to my left. I blinked three times to rid of the dust coating over my dry eyelids. It was dark and cold wherever I was, I couldn't remember.

Blood.

That was when I saw it. The color was most splendid, splattered against the stone wall. I just need a little and I will be better. I am almost there, just a few more inches. I did not care about hygienics or how grotesque I looked doing what I was about to do. I need it. I placed both of my hands on the wall and used up the rest of my little energy to lick the wall clean.

I could already feel something inside of me burning, the need for more apparent as I easily stood up. I heard another voice though, interrupting my hungry thoughts. It was more of a groaning sound that I have heard. Ahead of me, I see a boy slowly walking away from me. Where is he going?

I quietly follow him to wherever it is he is going, to the exit maybe? I would be most gracious if it were the exit he was going to. I could see some light protruding out of a small entrance behind a large, stone door. An exit! We have escaped from this awful place.

Finally, I make my presence known to the boy as we are out in the woods. He is of dark skin with such a young face, maybe 17? "Boy, what is your name?" The male turned around, taking in my appearance. I admit I do not look my best, obviously being stuck in a tomb for who knows how long. How long has it been since 1864?

I scarcely hear him tell me his name is Harper as I look around my surroundings. I ignore him again as he tells me he sees a hiker coming towards us. Hearing a scream, I finally acknowledge the two. "At least share some with me, kind sir."

He nodded, "Of course, you may have the rest. I just need his clothes." As I watched him strip the poor hiker, I ask him what year it is. "2010, ma'am." 2010? 164 years I have been entombed?

"I am weak, Harper. May you please get me some decent clothing to wear? I would gladly appreciate it." I smiled, sitting next to the dead man. He did not answer me out loud but I knew what his answer was. He fled at once and left me to feed.

I did not have to wait long for him to return. "I have found Miss. Pearl and her daughter. She gave me these clothes for you." I nodded my head and allowed him to go back to Pearl, not caring about him anymore. I had a little trouble dressing myself, these clothes were weird. Women do not wear corsets anymore?

The forest was clear of any more hikers; I need more blood. My body couldn't stand alone with just this little sustenance in me. How was I supposed to get myself around if I know not of where I am? Am I still in Mystic Falls? Surely this town can not be the same as it was centuries ago.

Twisting the special ring around my finger, I glanced up at the sun rising through the trees. I was lucky to have gotten this ring from Emily. If it wasn't for her, I would be only lurking in the dark. My memories were flooding back to me like a tsunami but I did not want to relish in the past. That was for another time and place.

I wonder if there are in vampires that I know of my time, excluding Harper, Pearl, and Anna. Everyone I loved is dead. I never got to say goodbye to any of them. Rosie, my youngest sister, seven at the time, I loved her so much. She was the sunshine to the dark and gloomy world I had been accustomed to after my change. Rosie was the only one in my family who was aware of what I was. I had kept this secret from my family and friends. The only friend who knew about me was dear old Katherine. She was the one who actually turned me. I guess you could say she was bored when she did it, or maybe it was the fact that we both wanted me to be a vampire. We were best friends, the two of us. I did not see her in the tomb and she did not know I was there.

Katherine was a strong girl back when I was with her, she must still be alive now. I know I should not be acquainted with her because of how she were with the Salvatores, but she did no harm to me so I shall do no harm back to her.

I tell myself I am not going to think of the past and then I start thinking of them. I guess you just can't escape your past, especially with my kind of past. I was out of the forest now and on a deserted pathway. Should I go left or right? I strained my ears to see if I could hear anybody, but my powers are too weak at the moment.

Blood.

A deer was out in plain sight, smelling the grass. It was no human, but animal blood was better than nothing. At the speed of light I was at the deer and digging into it's jugular with my sharp teeth. If I were less malnourished my humanity would kick in and I would leave the deer alive, but right now I am an animal and this is my prey.

I finally see civilization and it is not what I have expected. Where are the horses? What are these things on wheels? What is this pole with lights on it for? I squeezed my eyes shut and took a moment to calm myself down. I am not in the 1800's any more.

"Hey! Lady! You're going to be hit by a car if you just stand there!" A man yelled. I opened my eyes to see a man in one of those contraptions looking straight at me. I arched my eyebrow and pointed to myself. "Yes, you. Who else would I be talking to?"

I could feel an animalistc growl wanting to escape from my mouth. He has no right to be rude to a lady. Where are his manners? "Where am I?" I asked.

The rude man gave me an odd look, "You're in Mystic Falls." Of course I would be. The trip to the tomb was not long before they threw all of us in there. I do not revenge though, they are most definitely dead now. It is revenge enough to know that I am still alive when clearly they thought I was dead. "Look, I have to go now. Just watch out for cars."

"Wait!" I yelled, jogging at human speed towards the car? "What is your name?"

"Michael Schwab." He told me.

"Do you live alone?" I asked him.

He huffed, "Yes, but I don't see any reason why you should be asking me that kind of question."

"Michael, you are going to let me into your car and you are going to take me to your home and allow me to live with you, are we clear?" I asked, compelling him.

He was silent but nodded his head. I smiled and thanked him, entering the car. I looked inside of the car and noticed he was holding onto a wheel. That must steer the car, but what makes it move? "Michael, how is this car moving?"

"It moves on gas." He simply answered.

"Gas?" I am so confused.

"Yeah, you fill this car up with gas and it starts moving. Technology these days, we're lucky to be living in this generation." I giggled, agreeing with him. The rest of the ride was quiet as he drove us home. Michael had taught me a plethora of things on the way also.

He unlocked the door and opened it, not even waiting to see if I entered. "Michael!" I yelled, waiting for him to come back into the hallway. He poked his head out of one of the adjoining rooms. "You have to invite me in."

"Come in," He said, leaving me again to do whatever it is he was previously doing. I followed him, being curious. He was seated on a couch, staring at a black box, of which something was moving on it!

"What is this?" I ask, running in front of the box and kneeling down. "How are the pictures moving?"

He laughed, "This is a television Have you been living in the 1800's or something? Seriously." I did not answer his question and sat down next to him. I turned to him and waited for him to look at me. "We are cousins and I have no home so you asked me to live with you. Tomorrow you are going to show me around town and take me to the old Salvatore boarding house, okay?"

"You're my cousin and I'm going to take you out sightseeing tomorrow." He repeated.

I squealed and got up from the couch to go investigate the house. "By the way, Michael, my name is Amelia Thompson. I'll be going to my room now." Upstairs, there was three rooms and a bathroom. I chose the second biggest room because it would be too much of a hassle to ask Michael to move all of his belongings. I was lucky when he decided to stop and talk to me. His house was big and had more than enough room. I also came to realise he had a dog. A golden retriever with the name of Max. I do not feed on dogs because I love having dogs (alive)!

Max seemed to gain some affection towards me because he would not stop following me, not that it bothered me. I laid on the bed Michael already had in my room and there were even nice furniture in here as well. He must come from a rich family. He does not look the type to have earned this money on his own.

It was time for me to rest, tomorrow is going to be a big day. I hope the old house has some of my old belongings because I want them back. I was also told a long time ago that I was always welcomed to stay there if I ever needed to. Hopefully that promise was taken to Mr. Salvatore's grave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, guys! So I decided to try out a Vampire Diaries story because I am seriously addicted to this television show and book! So if you guys could comment and tell me how it is, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! <3