A Summer to Remember

Four.

Catt's POV

"Road trip!" I shouted and jumped into FTSK's tour van. I got in the first seat in the back, so I could poke Jonathan and make out with Kyle on the way to New York. Kyle sat down beside me and put his arm around me. "This is dumb," I whispered in his ear.
He looked at me with a confused look on his face. "Huh?"
I sighed. "Deana leaving. It was dumb. She loves Jonathan. Sure, he's a douche at times, but so are you! You don't see me running away anywhere far away!"
He tried to look offended then pointed at me. "I am not a douch-...okay, maybe sometimes I am."
I giggled and kissed his cheek. "I still love y-"
I was cut off by Kyle kissing my lips. He cupped my face with his hands and deepened the kiss by licking my bottom lip. Before I could grant him the entrance he wanted, Jonathan yelled "Seriously Kyle?! We haven't even left yet, and you're trying to take Catt's tonsils out with your tongue?!"
Kyle backed off, and I stuck my tongue out at Jonathan. He just rolled his eyes and looked straight ahead, out the windshield. I sighed.

Jonathan had been my best friend since we were 2 years old. I hated seeing him upset. He loved Deana so much, everyone knew that. They didn't fight much. They were usually very happy. When they did fight, they made up in 10 minutes. This was different. Deana left. I knew Jonathan was confused, and he didn't know what to do.

I leaned on Kyle as Marc started the van and started driving. "Hey! Curly top! Turn on the radio!" I shouted to Marc. Even though I couldn't see him, I knew he rolled his eyes. "Thank youuu!" I said, when I heard the radio. "Oh my god! I love this song! Turn it up!"
Marc turned the radio up a few notches, and I looked at Jonathan. I saw a few tears fall down his cheeks, but he wiped them away quickly. That's when I remembered that the song was his and Deana's song. "Curly top! Just put my mix CD in!" I said, trying to avoid making Jonathan anymore upset.
"God Catt! Freakin make up your mind!" Marc yelled, as he put my CD in the player.
"Hey! No yelling at my pretty lady!" Kyle defended me.
I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my seat, putting my head on Kyle's shoulder. I closed my eyes, and slowly fell asleep to Kyle lightly rubbing my leg.

I woke up when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked at Kyle, only to see that he was asleep. I smiled and pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen. My eyes widened at the name that was there. Deana. I pressed the green button and put the phone up to my ear. "Hello?"
"Hey Catt..." I barely heard Deana'a voice say. It sounded like I was on speaker, and she was upset.
"What's going on?" I asked slowly.
"I'm pregnant," she said and began to cry.
I sat up and my eyes got wide. I looked at Jonathan and saw that he was asleep. "Are you serious?!" I asked, louder than I meant to. I saw everyone's heads shoot up, and Kyle looked at me with concern and annoyance filling his eyes. "What's wrong?" he asked.
I shook my head at him and put my hand over his mouth.
"Yes, I'm serious. I took 5 tests, and they're all positive," Deana said, her voice just above a whisper.
"Oh, well, uh, I have to call you back. I'm sorry. I'm actually with the guys, and they're all looking at me like like they want to kill me, because I woke them up. So I'll talk to you later."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye!" I pressed the red button and set the phone in my lap.

"Was that Deana?" Jonathan asked.
I nodded and looked out the window.
"Well, what did she want?" Marc asked me.
"To talk," I simply said, without looking at any of the guys.
"To talk? To talk about what?!" Jonathan raises his voice out of frustration.
I looked at him. "Just to talk! Okay?! She's my best friend! Can't I freakin talk to her without being interrogated?! God!" I yelled at him, then looked out the window again. The van was completely silent, not even the radio was making noise.
After a few awkward moments of silence, Kyle wrapped his arms around me and kissed my shoulder. "What's wrong baby?" he whispered.
I shook my head. "Nothing. Just stop."
He kissed my shoulder again, then moved up and kissed my neck. "Come on baby, tell me, please."
I shook my head again and scooted over, to get out of Kyle's grip, then looked at him. "Kyle, I'm not going to talk about it. It's between me and Deana. Not you. So just forget it."
He sat up straight and looked down to his hands, as they fidgeted in his lap. He nodded slowly, then whispered "Sorry."
I sighed and looked out the window again. It was dark outside, and I wasn't sure how long we were riding. I just stared outside. There wasn't much to look at, considering we were on the highway.

After a few minutes, there were buildings. Soon after, we pulled into the parking lot of a cheap hotel. After we parked, Kyle put his hand on my back. "Come on baby, we're gonna get a room so we can get some rest."
I sat up and Kyle took my hand, before leading me out of the van. He kissed my cheek, then we all walked inside. We walked to the front desk, and Marc got some rooms. While he did, I tugged on Kyle's hand. I led him over to the couches and sat down. "What's wrong baby?" he asked and rubbed my leg.
I leaned on him, and he held me in his arms. "Nothing, I'm just tired," I lied. Well, it wasn't a complete lie. I was really tired, but I was more worried about Deana. She was pregnant, and she had no one. She needed her best friend and her boyfriend. I thought it was a bad idea for us to stop for the night. We should've kept going so we could've gotten to New York faster.

"Hey! Kyle! Catt! Come on! We got some rooms!" Austin called.
I started to get up, but Kyle shook his head. "Come on baby, get on my back. Let me carry you."
I laughed slightly at how sweet my boyfriend was, then jumped on his back. He carried me to our room. We had gotten 3 rooms. Kyle and I were in one, Jonathan and Marc were in another, and Caleb and Austin were in the last one. Kyle opened the door to our room and carried me inside. He let me down on the bed. I laid down and he laid beside me. "Close your eyes babygirl, you're so tired."
I shook my head. "I can't sleep. I just wanna be in New York."
Kyle kissed my cheek and started to play with my hair. "I know baby. We'll be there soon, and Jonathan and Deana will make up. And we'll all be happy again."
"Kyle, Deana's pregnant," I said, before I could even stop myself.
He froze and his eyes got wide. "What?"
"Nothing," I muttered, then kissed him. "Goodnight baby. I'm tired." I turned the lamp on my side of the bed off and turn my back to Kyle. He turn his lamp on and put his arm around me, before pulling me and turning me over to my other side, facing him.
"Catt, did you say that Deana's pregnant?" he asked quietly, as if someone was listening.
I sighed and nodded slowly. "Yes, but don't tell anyone! Please Kyle. If you tell anyone, especially Jonathan, I won't kiss you ever ever again!"
He laughed slightly. "I won't tell anyone, I swear."

Jonathan's POV

"Are you okay? You've hardly said anything. I think you've only talked to Catt since we left," Marc said as he came out of the bathroom.
I shrugged. "I just want to be with Deana. I miss her, so much."
Marc laid down on the bed on the other side of the room. "I know. Look, we'll all get some rest tonight, then we'll drive until we get to New York. Then you and Deana can make up. But no sex! No make up sex with my sister!"
I laughed slightly, thinking of the times Deana and I have had sex. Our first time was the best. We were at the beach. There was a cave on the beach, about a mile and a half away from the house we were staying at. I gave her a piggy back ride to the cave, and surprised her with candles and a blanket spread out in the cave. She loved it, and I'll never forget the smile she had on her face. I loved her smile, so much. It was one of the many things I loved about her. "I miss her," I whispered, thinking Marc wouldn't be able to hear me.
"I know Jonathan," he said as he laid down. "I miss Bonnie, and she didn't even run away."
"I was an idiot. I should've helped her with the wedding planning more. We wouldn't have had that fight, and she wouldn't have left. This is my fault. I made a mistake. I'm such an idiot," I mumbled to myself. I bumped my head against the wall, and looked to the ceiling. I hated being so far away from Deana. I just wanted to hold her in my arms, tell her I was sorry, and kiss her. I wanted to make everything better again. I needed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Deana's been super busy, so she asked me to help out! And I obviously said yes! :)
Let us know what you think of the story! Don't be a silent reader.
-Catt