Motion Sickness

won't you get close to me?

He first sees Gabriel at the party grinding up on a pretty little blonde. He swallows jealousy- there are two rages going on inside of him, fighting immediately and the night hasn't even started yet. For one, just because they came separately to a party doesn't mean they aren't together. But then again, he has to learn that Gabriel is a touchy person, likes to dance, and loves dancing with girls. Instead of making his presence known, he immediately goes to the kitchen where he knows Pete will be bartending.

"What's going on, Willy B?" Pete smiles that charming smile with all of those teeth and William holds back from rolling his eyes. No matter how much scoffing, eye-rolling or ignoring, Pete will always be… well, Pete. "How's the attempt at babymaking going?"

"Who's that girl Gabe's dancing with?" He asks instead of indulging Pete in his guilty pleasures. Just because Patrick's looking ridiculously pregnant at seven months doesn't mean everyone else is trying to get pregnant. Ever since they learned that sometimes, there's a fluke in genetics (increasingly more in this generation) and boys get this amazing (horrible, Patrick would say as he dips pickles in peanut butter, pukes in the afternoons and can't see his feet, absolutely horrible) gift of conceiving children, the man's been on everyone in a relationship about having a kid for the little Wentz monster to play with.

Pete stands on the tips of his toes to look over William's shoulder before shrugging, mixing a drink for the tall man even if he hasn't asked, "No idea. Maybe Victoria invited her?"

"I love when you don't know the people at your parties, Pete," William murmurs with a smile lilting at the corners of his lips and he takes the drink. When he drinks, the bitter liquid bites back. He makes a face before choking out, "This is delicious," just to please Pete.
The man is most likely trying to get him drunk to see how he'll handle the 'Gabriel dancing with some girl' situation. He'll be the better man about it, really.
William bites the inside of his cheek when Gabriel's head ducks to nuzzle a pale throat under the girl's blonde hair. She's beautiful- he won't deny that.

"Want another drink?"

"Fuck yeah," William mutters, turning back to his friend.
He can totally be the better man.

**

That was a lot of shots.

**
"We're supposed to have a family, Gabriel! You can't be off dancing with sluts!" The boy's curled up in the bathroom on the floor, knees pulled to his chest. The world is spinning. His stomach lurches- everything inside of him is suddenly sour, burning the bottom of his throat.
Fuck being the better man, fuck it so hard.

Gabriel sighs against the door, "What are you talking about, cielo?"

"You were dancing with that girl," William whimpers pathetically. He sniffles, wiping his nose with the back of his hand, "She was so slutty! But so much prettier than me… she could have you- I c-can tell that, o-o-okay? Wh-When you w-wa-wa-want someone! But I- you want a baby with- with me, not her. I think. Fuck!" The boy's shaking- how much alcohol has he had tonight? His stomach rolls unpleasantly as his world turns- he might be sick.

"But I love you, Guillermo. I'm sorry for dancing with her- she asked. I won't do it anymore. You're the only one I want to dance with from now on. I promise, mi amor. I really, honestly only love you. Please come out of the bathroom," Gabriel's not much of the begging kind, but sober!William would kill him for letting such a scene drag on for so long. He's got apprehension sliding around his insides (or is that liquor?) yet for right now, his main focus is getting his fiancée out of Pete Wentz's bathroom. Adam stands next to him, amused with a party cup in his hand.
The man would love to have more to drink, but this is his way of cutting himself off. He sighs, rubbing his hands over his face roughly in an attempt to sober up; there's never a good product when you multiply Drunken Gabey Baby by Completely Fucking Wasted To The Point Of Done Billvy Beckett.

"Prove it," the boy says from his place on his floor, flushed face pressed against the cool wood of the door. He realizes this is such a nice place, closing his eyes. So fucking comfortable. William hears shifting from the other side, opening his eyes again- he has to wait for the light in the bathroom to shrink back down to normal size after he does so (he hadn't realized lights could be so blinding). Gabriel's getting impatient- he's not ready for kids, so this whole babysitting thing isn't doing well for him.

"Baby," he says softly, "Please. People are worried. I'm worried. I just want to take you home and- and we can go to bed, okay? I'll stay over your place. Fuck, we'll do whatever you want, okay? I just- I need you to come out so I can… hold you," he finishes lamely. Adam snickers from next to him; Gabriel's never wanted to backhand somebody more in his life.

"Say it like you mean it," William murmurs against the door, fingers sliding against the smooth surface.

"I don't know what you want from me."

"Say it- like- like how you tell me you love me," the boy says instead, closing his eyes again.

Gabriel glances first at Adam, then back to the door before heaving a slow, agitated sigh.

**

When William wakes up, he’s alone and curled up in his own bed. His head is splitting, but that doesn’t matter- the last thing he remembers is matching shots with Gabriel- always a bad idea, that man can hold his liquor like he’s never been able to. He leans his head against the pillow, trying hard to remember. He can suddenly flashes back into kicking at a bathroom door and crying.

What the hell happened last night? is the first text of the morning once he finds his iPhone in the pocket of last-night’s jeans, wincing at the obvious food stains on the thighs. He doesn’t even know what it is, but when he gets close enough, he can distinctly smell Taco Bell.
Texts sent from last night and this morning read confusing things like, nice bitchfit last night, beckett from Pete, living in the closet is expected from u n gabe but the bathroom? rly? from Travis, and next time, we’ll keep you away from going upstairs when you drink, funboi from Adam.
Wake up! he sends another text to Gabriel, becoming impatient, What the fuck happened last night?

Gabriel’s passed out on his bed, tangled up in sheets.
The man’s sidekick is going off on his dresser and he bats at it, squeezing his eyes shut after opening them only a sliver. Hungover and tired, he smacks it off of onto the floor but realizes it’s William’s ringtone. With a groan, his heaves himself over the side of his bed, searching blindly on the floor with grabbing hands for his phone. He peeks one eye open when he finds it, opening the text.
His stomach protests to his position, but Gabriel grins as he types back a reply, you refused to come out of the bathroom until I asked you in Spanish.
♠ ♠ ♠
mistakes?
i don't care!