I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

Hormones?

“I’m just stuck, I think it could end up really good but I don’t know what to do next,” Danny explained to us as we sat on the floor in the living room, surrounded by instruments and papers.

For the past week Danny and Kevin have pretty much lived at Josh and my house. We’ve been writing so much lately. Danny wrote an amazing song last week and it inspired us all so we’ve been capitalizing on it and have been writing as much as we could.

Now, I’m five months pregnant. Josh thinks it’s the cutest thing ever but….I haven’t. I’ve been way more tired, having cravings, my backs been killing me, but Josh is so sweet. He’ll tuck me in on the couch for a nap, get me whatever I want to eat, and rub my back when it hurt. He’s the sweetest husband ever, I’m totally convinced.

He’s been really busy the entire time we’ve been writing songs though. He got signed on the Yamaha factory team! I’m so happy for him! Josh loves that he gets to stay with Yamaha and all his old sponsors stayed with him.

“I think we have a few more members of the Grant family,” Josh teased as he walked into the house that night. “You two have stolen my wife from me for that past week!”

“She was our friend first,” Kevin battledlike the two year old he is.

“But…” Josh countered holding up his left hand and wiggling his fingers, showing off his wedding band. I then did the same and let out a giggle.

“We still knew her first,” He pouted.

“You both have a point. We knew her first but she’s Kirsten Grant,” Danny tried to diffuse this. “So now can we get on with this song.”

“Yeah let’s hurry up. I can’t have another late night,” I told them letting out a small sigh.

“Are you okay sweetheart?” Josh cutely asked while coming over and putting an arm around me.

“Yeah…I’m just tired, and my back is soar and all those other pregnant things,” I smiled at how cute he was.

“Well I can fix some of that,” He told me.

Josh sat behind me and rubbed my back while we tried to get back to the song. I strummed my guitar and did Danny and we tried to finish our half written song. We worked for a few more hours until I felt something strange. I bolted to the bathroom and threw up.

I felt a familiar warm hand gently rubbing my back while his other pulled all my hair back. After I rinsed my mouth out I walked into Josh’s embrace. He held me in his arms and his hands gently caressed my back while my head nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

“We’ll head out now,” Kevin said once he saw the two of us. Josh gave them a response but I was too dizzy to care.

“You want to go lay down?” Josh sweetly asked me once they left. I nodded my head so he picked me up and carried me into our room and gently placed me on the bed.

Josh sat with his back up against the wall and I rested my head in his lap. He stroked my hair as I started to cry.

“What’s wrong baby? Is it just hormones?” He asked me with his eyebrows wrinkled in confusion.

“I think it’s just hormones,” I told him through my tears. “I’m just tired and don’t feel well and frustrated with not being able to finish that song.”

“Aww, it’s okay,” Josh tried to reassure me while pulling me up to his lap and cradling me in his arms. “Just think, in a few months we’ll have a little baby,” He smiled, trying to cheer me up while tucking some hair behind my ear.

“I know,” I smiled back while resting my head on his chest.

“I’m so excited, I know you’re going to be the best mom,” He beamed while looking down at me.

“You’re going to be the best dad,” I told him. “And the cutest by far.”

No matter how annoying being pregnant was, I knew that it would all be worth it. Sometimes I just needed Josh to remind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay Amanda, i need to make a little correction on your comment, most Aussies are sexy, but Luke...idk there's just something about him that i'm really not attracted to at all. but i do have to give it to him on the accent. but yeah most of this stuff that Kirstie says about Luke, i've said in Kylee and my conversations, like the hollister model or a guy who owns a bar or the ken doll with plastic abs! haha Kylee didn't like that day very much lol

Kirstie and her Joshie Boy