I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

Then Why Wouldn't You Tell Me?

“Luke!” I yelled from his bathroom as I was getting ready to leave for my day of dress shopping with my mom, Lauren, and Kirstie. None of those people know I’m pregnant. This should be peachy and… I have a bump now!

“What, baby?” he yawned while walking in and rubbing his eyes. He was shirtless though… it was hard to be upset right now.

“I have a bump now… look,” I whined while turning to the side to who him.

“Aw,” he cooed before stepping next to me and placing his big hand on my stomach.

“It’s not cute. I have to try on dresses today,” I countered, pushing his hand away.

“You’ll be fine. Stop worrying,” he said while lifting me up onto the countered. I still pouted at him, but it just made him smile and leave a soft kiss on my lips… and then I pouted again. “I love your hormones,” he teased.

“I’m worried about this,” I replied, looking down at my stomach… that now looks bigger when I’m sitting down!

“Do you want one of my hoodies? It’s rainy and chilly out. No one would think anything of you wearing it,” he asked sweetly, tucking a few strains of hair behind my ears.

I nodded my head yes. He smiled and left a kiss on my forehead before he went and grabbed one of his Oakley sweatshirts. My smile came over me as he pulled it over my head.

“And still sexy,” he smirked before placing his hands on my hips.

“I love you, Lukie,” I sighed while resting my head on his chest.

“I love you too, Kylee… and our baby,” he added with his hand coming to my tummy again.

I laughed at his after thought. It was cute and he got a few kisses all over his scruffy face since he hadn’t shaved yet this morning.

“Where you at, girly? You and your Aussie better be decent!” I heard Lauren call as she made her way down the hall.

“Crap, Ky, give me my boxers,” Luke said loudly, making me smack his arm, but not hard enough to hurt him

He just went into a fit of giggles before Lauren peeked her head around the corner. She sent me a sideways glance before Luke stepped into her view… in his boxers and shorts! Of course both of them started laughing.

“Aw, baby,” Luke smiled while wrapping his arms around me and kissing my cheek.

“Ok, no more kisses. Everyone’s waiting!” Lauren said impatiently while tugging on my arm, pulling me away from Luke.

I sent her a look, but she just stuck her tongue me. Luke wasn’t any help. I pouted at him, but he just puckered his lips out like he was kissing the air, but it was in my direction. I sighed and willingly walked out to my mom’s truck where her and Kirstie were waiting.

“I’m so excited!” Kirstie said while pumping her fists in the air.

“Kirstie, you’re always excited,” I said, making us both giggle.

“Yeah, but... you’re marrying an Australian!” she thought of, making everyone go into a fit of laughter.

I just rolled my eyes and relaxed into the seat, pulling Luke’s hoodie tighter against me. I was already feeling a little nauseous, but I don’t think it was from the baby today. I was just flat out freaking out! But the ride to the dress shop went well. Everyone was amazed that Luke and I got everything sat up for our wedding next week. And during that time, I managed to move in with him. I honestly don’t know how it happened either, but… we did it!

Once we walked in, Kirstie and Lauren both grabbed one of my arms and tried tugging me in different directions. That worked well! We had a few seconds to laugh before they went their own ways and my mom and I went off together. We found a few and then met up with Kirstie and Lauren… who had like a hundred a piece! I took one from each of them and followed a sales person into the fitting room so she could alter so it looked right when I looked in the mirror.

As I was pulling on the first one, Kirstie comes busting in with another dress in her hands. Granted my dress was up to my waist, but… my stomach was exposed. And of course her eyes seemed to be like glued to it. CRAP!

“Um… never mind,” she said after a few seconds and turned and walked away.

I sighed and hoped she didn’t think anything. I mean… I’ve been noticing a change in my weight, but I didn’t really notice my stomach until today. So… maybe she wouldn’t.She can’t. I still went out.

Everyone said they loved this one and all that normal stuff they’re supposed to say, but I didn’t like it.I thought it hugged my stomach too much. No one said anything about it, but… I felt Kirstie’s eyes on it.

This routine continued for the next two dressed before I tried the one on that I had been eyeing all day. That one ended up being the one. I went to go pay for it, but my mom stopped me. She told me that she would take care of it and to wait for her outside.

I sucked in a sigh as I went over and leaned against the car, taking in the cool air into my lungs. It stung for a few seconds, but felt so good to be out of that shop. I thought for sure Kirstie was going to say something. Thankfully, she didn’t.

“Kylee.”Spoke way too soon.

I looked in the direction that the voice was coming from and saw Kirstie walking towards me. Where’s my Aussie to save me?

“You’re pregnant aren’t you?” she asked with so much anger in voice.She saw! “That’s why you and Luke are rushing this wedding, isn’t it?” she went on.

“Kirstie, it’s not like that,” I said, my voice so small.

“Than why wouldn’t you tell me?” she snapped.

“No one knows but Luke,” I told her

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she repeated, obviously not liking my answer.

“I was just scared ok? I’m not married and I was afraid he would run away and leave me here with a baby and then what do I do?” I replied, hearing my voice crack and feeling my eyes sting.

“I would have been there for you! I would have done anything I could to help you. What made you feel like you couldn’t tell me?” she asked a little calmer, but she was still so upset.

“I don’t know!” I shouted just as my mom and Lauren came out.

They came over, asking what was wrong, but I didn’t stick around. I walked down the sidewalk while pulling my phone out to call Luke to pick me up. Lauren came after me and pulled me into a hug after I put my phone back in my pocket, but I didn’t tell her anything. I just told her Luke was on his way.

She stayed with me until he showed. Before he was even out of the car, I went over after him. He shut the door quickly and wrapped me in a tight hug, letting me cry on his shoulder.

“Kirstie found out,” I wheezed with my face nuzzled against his chest.

“Didn’t go good huh?” he asked while rubbing my back.

I just shook my head no and tried sucking in more air. He held me for a few minutes before he got me into the car and drove home. He didn’t ask anything. Just held my hand and told me it was going to be ok. For the first time in a long time… I wasn’t sure if it was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww :(

Kirstie, he does not look like he should be running a bar!!! He just has that sexy BA attitude :P lol At least he's not a wannabe gangsta! lol

Ky

comment?