I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

What Were Your Genius Ideas?

So, Luke and I have been home for about three weeks now. We’ve gotten a pretty normal husband/wife routine going. He’d get up in the morning and go work on his trails in the backyard while I went to work. When I’d come home, he’d be out riding with a few of his friends. After a quick nap, I’d get dinner ready while he showered. Once he’d come down, we share our meal and talk about our day. Then after that, we just did whatever. Usually cuddle on the couch, but sometimes Luke ventured out to one of his friends to ride again. I usually went with him. And that’s our little Parslow routine.

But today, Luke knocked all of that off. He made me call in to work andlie say that I was having hardcore morning sickness. I had a little, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle. But I still called in. He told me that he had a something planned. Should I be scared?

“You ready for this?” he asked with a huge grin on his face as he walked back into our room after I was changed for the day.

“I don’t… know,” I replied, eyeing him oddly.

“Come look what I got yesterday,” he smiled brightly while walking out of the room.

I rolled my eyes and started following him down the hall. He turned into the guest room. When I walked in, I honestly didn’t know what to say… it was a mess! So many boxes were everywhere! Paint cans, brushes, plastic covering the floor. Um…

“We’re going to do it all today!” he said… way too excitedly. How much Rockstar has he had?

“But… that’s… a lot,” I got out.

“That’s why we’re doing it together. Get excited, baby. We’ve only got four more months!” he kept on going. Watching him get this excited makes me tired. He’s sucking out all of my energy. “Think you can handle painting with me?” he pouted cutely.

“But… we don’t even know if it’s a boy or a girl for sure yet,” I sighed.

“Green and brown… gender neutral,” he smirked.

We had this huge debate the other night about starting the room. We both honestly don’t care what we’re having. We’re just happy to be parents, but… we kind of want a girl. From our early ultrasound, it’s looking like the opposite though. But my favorite color is green…and Luke has learned not to argue with a pregnant woman.

“I think I can do this,” I huffed in a big breath.

“Ok… don’t inhale too many paint fumes now,” he teased before kissing the top of my head.

I just rolled my eyes and started pouring paint out. I was kind of excited for this. I’ve been waiting so long to put a baby nursery together. It’s going to be so cute. Kirstie was teasing us a few days ago. She said we should make it a ‘down under’ theme.I thought about it for a few seconds. Luke didn’t seem too thrilled on the idea so… we went with light green and brown. And I liked it!

But right now, our discussion had shifted to names. This is going wonderfully. Paint fumes are getting to us and we’re trying to think of names for our child.

“Mandy?” Luke threw out.

“No… it sounds like candy,” I giggled, making him chuckle himself.

“Well, what were your genius ideas?” he shot back in the cutest way. It made me giggle a little.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged.

“Baby… there has to be at least one,” he cooed in the most adorable way.

“I like Layla, but… I don’t know,” I shrugged again.

“It’s pretty… like you,” he said into my ear while hooking his big, tattooed arms around me tightly

I smiled as he started leaving kisses down my neck. He better be done with painting, because he is distracting me from this wall. But he stopped after a few kisses to bring his hands down to my stomach. Like always, it made me smile.

“Have you thought about boy names… just incase you know?” he asked, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“I like Elijah,” I told him while placing my hands on top of his.

“Elijah Jeremy,” he smirked over at me.

I looked at him oddly for a few seconds. I know we’re married now, but Luke still doesn’t know everything about my brother. Deep down I know that if I need too, I could talk to him about it, but… I haven’t had the need too. And I definitely haven’t brought up naming our child after him…even though I’ve thought about it… a lot.

“Are you… serious?” was what I pushed out.

“If that’s what you want, I’m not going to argue. It has a nice ring to it… Elijah Jeremy… Parslow,” he said the last name slowly as if living in the moment. “If it is a boy that is. But we don’t know. Psh, it could be a girl and she’s flipping out in there right now,” he said quickly, his A.D.D. setting in again… but it was so cute.

“I love you… so much,” I said while turning around so that I could look into his gorgeous eyes.

“I love you too, baby,” he smiled before leaving a soft kiss on my lips. “Ok… now for the crib,” he shifted gears while walking over to the box that the pieces were in.

Um… I know this will probably get done, but… Luke has the patience of a two year old. We could be here awhile. He didn’t want help though. So, I ordered a pizza and took it up to eat as I watched him do his daddy to be thing. It was adorable. I wonder if the swing is next and what other food I should munch on as I watch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, Kirstie, Josh is just all wrong lol

Kylee... and the baby stuff :D

comment?