I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

When Honey Badgers Attack!

“So you’ve never killed anyone with an axe or a hatchet to the face, that’s good,” I smiled as the four of us walked into the living room.

“No, I can’t say that I have,” Luke chuckled. “I think I would remember that.”

Our little ‘meet-and-greet‘ with Luke is going well so far I think. I hope I haven’t scared him too much so far! I’m weird and random enough but with a few of the pregnancy hormones thrown in, I’m even more random….and I’m only a month pregnant! It’s ridiculous!I wonder what it’ll be like when I’m 9 months pregnant!

Kylee and Luke sat down on the couch opposite Josh and I. Luke hooked his arm around Ky’s shoulders as she leaned into him and he smiled down at her. Awww I’m so glad she has a boy….I’m not totally sure how I’m liking this particular boy so far though… he seems really cocky and… I don’t know, I’m just not sure.

Josh plopped down and pulled me into his lap while locking his arms around my waist and I rested my head against his chest. The four of us chatted a while and we got to know a little better and more about what he did. That was until the clock struck 7...

”MOOSE ATTACK!” I shouted.

“What in the world are you talking about?” Kylee asked through laughs.

“It’s this animal show and this week is safari animal and when moose attack,” Josh rolled his eyes.

“That just doesn’t sound scary, I mean moose attack, ahhh,” Luke sarcastically snickered in his aussie accent and it made Kylee lean up and kiss his cheek.

“I know, it’s like saying…WHEN HONEY BADGERS ATTACK!…it’s just not scary,” I giggled….but still turned it on.

“Honey badgers?” Josh questioned while looking down at me and I nodded. “you’re so weird, but I love you so much.”

“I know,” I said while kissing him. “But if goose are geese shouldn’t moose be meese?”

“Kirstie, you should make up names for animals,” Kylee sarcastically rolled her eyes but let out a laugh toward the end.

“I should!” I giggled. “Or I could be the narrator of this show,” I suggested.

“I have a feeling that would be an odd show,” Luke stated.

“No I could do it!” I countered then turned my attention to the tv where they were showing elephants. “See, they use their noses to shovel water into their mouths,” I said as everyone started laughing loudly.

“Wow Kirstie,” was all Ky could push out.

“See,” I started ignoring them and pointing to the tv, “Now the little one is lifting it’s paw…er..hoof….foot thing…yeah foot, I’ll go with that.”

That just made everyone laugh harder and Luke look at me like I was insanewhich I might be.

“This is typical Kirstie, it’s really not because she’s pregnant,” Josh explained to him.

“It doesn’t surprise me that you’re in a band,” Luke smiled. It’s kind of true… I get to be crazy all the time then!

“Yeah, if she wasn’t I know for sure she couldn’t get an office job,” Kylee started. “She’d be like running around yelling and just riding the elevator up and down.”

”Well you know what Kylee?” I said to her.

“What?” She shot back with an eyebrow raised.

“I don’t know! But when I think of something I’ll tell you,” I said sending both of us into hysterics.

“Wow, I haven’t seen this before,” Josh rolled his eyes.

“Well you’re married to that now so you’ll have to get used to it,” Kylee told him.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” He cutely said as I let out a big awww and connected our lips.

“Okay, time for us to get going,” Ky said standing up and taking Luke by the hand. We said our goodbyes before they walked out, closing the door quietly behind them.

Josh and I snuggled on the couch for a while before he started giving me lots of little kisses all over my neck and face.

“Are you okay?” He asked me once he gave me a passionate kiss but I didn’t kiss back.

“I’m just thinking,” I told him.

“About what?” He prodded while position himself so he could look into my eyes.

“Luke,” I trailed off. “What do you think of him?”

“I dunno,” Josh shrugged. “He seems fine.”

“Yeah I guess,” I sighed.

“Why? Do you not like him?” Josh asked me.

“Well….I’m not sure. He seems…. I don’t know exactly. I just didn’t get the most amazing vibe from him.”

“What do you mean by that?” He questioned.

“He just seems a lot different from Kylee and I’m not sure that it’ll be the best thing for her. I know she really wants a boyfriend and she wants to get over Jimmy which I totally understand but I don’t want her to change herself for someone to like her.”

“Yeah, I understand that,” Josh agreed with me.

“Kylee’s just a really great person and I don’t want her to change any of that for any guy. I think a little tiny piece of her still wishes she still had Jimmy, even if she doesn’t say so, but Jimmy has moved on and I think now she feels like she needs to as well and when Luke showed interest in her she probably liked that…I just….I just don’t want her to change at all,” I explained.

“You’re so sweet,” Josh cooed while kissing my forehead. “It’ll work itself out.”

“I hope so. Kylee’s been through so much, I want something good to happen to her,” I sighed.

“It will, and we can try to make it better,” Josh told me.

“I love you Joshie, you’re so sensitive and give me such good advice,” I beamed.

“I’m your husband, that’s what I’m here for. I love you,” He said while kissing me.

Kylee has been through a lot in her life, mostly with Jeremy dying tragically. I can’t even imagine how hard that’s got to be. She needs something good in her life. The question is….can Luke be that for her?
♠ ♠ ♠
honey badgers eat bee hives.....

sorry this is a super lame set :(
Kirstie and Luke