Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter Nine

“Night, Frankenstein!” Cahlen said before kissing the forehead of the restless toddler. “Don’t be too much trouble.”

“I promise I won’t, Kaykay.” He replied as he wrapped his tiny arms around her neck.

The doorbell sounded and everyone turned their attention to the front door. Cahlen’s mom walked over and opened it.

“Hello Kennedy!” She said as she smiled at him.

“Evening Mrs. Anderson!” Kennedy replied, his chocolate brown eyes shining as he smiled. “Is Cahlen ready?”

“Yup, I am right here.” Cahlen said from the living room, sending Kennedy a small wave. “I’ve got to go now, Frankie. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Cahlen gave the little boy one last tight hug before setting him down on the floor. They walked hand in hand to the front door where Kennedy was waiting.

”Night, mom.” Cahlen said as she gave her mom a hug.

“Bye hun” She replied. “Kennedy, you better make sure my daughter has fun tonight.”

“I can guarantee that, Mrs. Anderson.” Kennedy replied with a smirk.

“Okay, get going now.” She said as she rushed the two of them out of the door.

“Bye Kaykay! Bye Kenny!” Frankie yelled as they walked to Kennedy’s waiting car.

They sent the boy a final wave before entering Kennedy’s car.

“Are you ready for the party, Cahlen?” Kennedy asked as drove the car.

Cahlen slid her hands on her jeans and adjusted her position. She played with the zipper on her heels and then adjusted the hem of her black high-waisted jeans. A strapless cream-colored corset adorned her upper-half and a leopard print sleeveless top went on top of it. A beaded chain necklace hung around her neck and multiple bangles surrounded her wrist. A silver watch rested on her other wrist and silver feather shaped earrings finished the look.

“I don’t think I have a choice.” Cahlen replied lightly but her nerves were evident.

“Don’t worry, Kay.” Kennedy said reassuringly. “Tonight is going to be fun. I promise.”

She just simply nodded as her memories went back to the last party she attended in Arizona. She fiddled with her dark red hair that was kept in a high ponytail. She fixed her side swept bangs and her unfocused eyes stared at the houses they were passing.

She felt the car stop and she was brought out of the trance she was in.

Cars lined the street that they were on and although she couldn’t see the house, she could hear the music, feel the bass, and see the flashing lights. Her breath hitched in her throat and she slowly got out of the car.

Kennedy and Cahlen walked towards the bumping house in silence. Anticipation was building inside Cahlen and her shaking hands weren’t helping. They reached the foot of the walkway and they could see the party was in full swing. He sent her a questioning glance which she replied with a tight smile. He wrapped an assuring arm around her shoulders and led the way to the heart of the house.

The house stank of alcohol, sweat, smoke, and sex. Saying that Cahlen did not party would be a lie. She was used to the scents that surrounded her and the sweat that formed in a few seconds. Going to a party was a frequent task she did in England. There was something about Arizona, though. The way that the air was stickier and hotter than most parties. The people she recognized despite not being around for four years. But mostly, it was the stares she was receiving from the party-goers.

Their eyes would burn holes into her but once she turned to look at them, they would turn away. They avoided her as much as possible as if she was carrying a plague. She lost Kennedy in the crowd but eventually saw him meet up with the rest of his bandmates. She thought about following him and joining the group but decided against it. She hid among the rest of the people so that he couldn’t bring her to join him.

She made her way into the kitchen and pulled out a cold beer from a cooler. She brought the bottle to her lips and let the liquid sting her throat. She disconnected her lips from the bottle only to find out she had chugged the whole thing. She tossed the empty bottle into a nearby trash can and got a new one. This time, her pace was slower but she still finished it in a couple of gulps. She continued to do this until she could feel a soft buzz overtake her body.

Once she achieved her goal, she grabbed a random cup that already had a liquid in it and brought it with her as she faced the party.

Her steps were unsteady, her vision was slightly blurred, and her body was swaying as if it was about to fall but no one seemed to notice. When she reached the middle of the room without anyone commenting on her drunken stupor, she decided to just throw herself into the dancing group of people who had claimed the center as their dance floor.

Her body swayed along with the music and was moving appropriately with the song. Her hands were everywhere as she got into dancing and her head moved along. She brought the cup to her lips as she danced and chugged the mysterious liquid, feeling it burn her throat and go to her head.

She continued to dance, just enjoying the moment. She felt a body move closer to hers and soon strong hands were gripping her hips. They moved closer together and their bodies moved along with the beat of the song. Soon enough, they were grinding. The hands started to wander and went under her leopard print top. Before she could do anything though, she felt someone yank her arm and out of the guy’s grip.

“Stay away from her,” She heard Kennedy growl at the guy.

She didn’t see the reaction of the guy but she assumed he didn’t do much because she was already being led away by Kennedy. She felt his grip on her forearm and his hand on her back, leading her to the garden.

The atmosphere of the garden was a lot mellower than the one inside the house. The people that were scattered around in the garden all held a cup or drink in their hand but they were just talking to each other. No one was dancing and everyone seemed calm despite the hurricane that was brewing inside the house.

Cahlen stumbled a few times as Kennedy guided her to a swinging porch at the end of the garden but eventually they made it. She took a seat and rocked it back and forth, her mind thinking of many things but not focusing on any.

“Kay,” Kennedy said as he waved his hand in front of her face, catching her attention. “Stay here. I am going to go get you some water, okay?”

Cahlen responded in doing some action with her head which Kennedy translated into a nod. So he left her and began to walk back into the house to get her water.

Cahlen tried to focus on Kennedy as he went to get her water but everything kept blurring and mixing together. After awhile, she noticed someone coming towards her. The figure approached her and was soon standing right before her. She couldn’t see his face clearly but he was too tall to be Kennedy and his shirt was black instead of the white one Kennedy was wearing.

The figure took a seat beside her and they lightly swung on the porch. Silence surrounded them and Cahlen’s vision was slowly becoming clearer. She didn’t need it to know that John was the one sitting beside her though.

“Cahlen,” the name rolled of his tongue so smoothly that butterflies began to flutter in her stomach. “I saw you inside. You really do enjoy flaunting your whore status, don’t you?”

He didn’t wait for a reply but sent her a deathly glare before leaving. And just like that all the butterflies died.

Instead, she felt something a whole lot less beautiful in her stomach. Something along the lines of maggots that made her queasy.

She forced herself to stand up and go back into the party, ignoring Kennedy’s previous order. She stumbled in and tripped but luckily someone was there to catch her. She looked into dark brown eyes that were glazed over just like hers. A small smirk formed on his lips as he held her in his hands. She ignored the sickening feeling in her stomach and brought her lips to his. He didn’t take long to respond and soon they were making their way up the stairs.

They pushed various people but ignored them as they searched for the nearest bedroom, their lips still interlocked. They came across a room that appeared to be a guest bedroom. They stumbled in and their lips disconnected. The guy locked the door before continuing where he left off.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

Thanks to Abbi-Girl Ellen, theloveinmyclub, and love war; for commenting! :D