Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter Ten

Sun entered the musty room through the window and landed on Cahlen’s face. Her eyelids slowly opened, revealing her bright blue eyes. She gingerly sat up and stretched her arms. Her hand ran through her oily hair, got tangled, and eventually just rested on her lap. Her head throbbed which made her unable to focus. She kept blinking until her eyes adjusted to the light and could make out her surroundings.

A small gasp escaped her lips. Her surroundings were unfamiliar; it was dirty, messy, and reeked of one thing. She couldn’t figure out what the smell was though. A wave of panic washed over her as her eyes fell on the naked body of a boy beside her. Her heart was beating a hundred miles a minute, her hands reached for the covers to quickly cover her bare chest, and she finally realized what the smell was.

She slowly got of the bed and dragged the blanket with her. She was grateful that the boy lay on his front so that all she saw was his ass. One hand clutched the blanket tight against her chest as the other grabbed her articles of clothing that were scattered all over the room. Once she gathered all her clothes, she turned away from the bed and draped the blanket over her shoulders. She slipped her underwear on first. Then, she slid her pants on and didn’t bother closing all three buttons. She lazily put on the strapless corset and finally threw on the animal print top.

She dropped the blanket, checked the time on her watch, patted her pockets to reassure her that her phone was there, and walked out the room with her heels in her hand and one last glance at the sleeping body that still occupied the bed.

Disgust and disappointment encircled her as she walked out of the house. She tried to think of a memory from last night and the lack of one made her skin crawl. She felt the dirty. It was the kind of dirt that went below her skin. It surged in her blood and contaminated everything.

She dragged her body to her bathroom and stood under the shower for fifteen minutes. The scalding water hit her skin, unable to remove the dirt she felt. She got out, quickly dried herself, and changed into blue comfy sweatpants and a plain yellow shirt. She tied her wet hair into a messy ponytail before going to her parents’ room. She carefully opened the door, knowing they would still be asleep. Her parents were fast asleep and tucked in between them was a tiny sleeping boy.

A small smile formed on her face before she quietly shut the door and made her way to the kitchen. She was all over the place but her movements were slow as her head was pounding. Eventually, she had prepared food that would be fit for a king.

“Kaykay?” A tiny voice penetrated the silence Cahlen enjoyed.

She turned around and put a smile on her face as she picked him up.

“Are you hungry?” She asked to which he just nodded.

She sat him down on a high chair then proceeded to prepare his food. On his plate, sausages, eggs, and toast were piled high on his plate. She gave him his plate and he quickly began to stuff the food in his mouth. She sat across him and just nibbled on a piece of buttered toast.

Her mind drifted away from the eating toddler. It focused on a situation that was much similar to the one she had at hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best chapter, I know. I am sorry but I just had to get it out of the way already.

Thank you, childhoodsxhour for commenting! :D I know this chapter may have been a disappointment but don't lose hope in this story.