Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter Eighteen

The doorbell rang throughout the house, reaching all the way to Cahlen’s room. She looked into the mirror to check her appearance. She tied the ends of her beige cropped jersey blouse. She adjusted her black tank top and pulled her skinny jeans to stop it from falling. She re-tied the laces of her chucks that matched her fiery hair that was fixed into a simple ponytail.

“Cahlen!” She heard her mom call. “Kennedy is here!”

Cahlen grabs a navy blue varsity jacket and then headed downstairs. She said goodbye to her parents and kissed Frankie goodnight before leaving with Kennedy.

The drive to the venue was filled with small talk and banter between the two. Soon enough, they were backstage with the rest of the boys. Everyone from the Maine, A Rocket to the Moon, and their crew was present.

Cahlen watched as A Rocket to the Moon began warming up for their show. Cahlen stood to the side as she watched them run on stage to perform. She stayed on the side and watched as the band performed with everything they got. She danced along to the beat and made sure her eyes never strayed to a certain bassist.

“Well, look at this.” Garrett said as he stood beside her. “Looks like someone is actually enjoying music from the 21st century.”

Cahlen simply stuck her tongue out before going back to dancing. The show eventually ended and everyone was in the dressing room.

“Guys, we need to go to a bar.” Nick exclaimed as the sweaty boys entered the room.

“FIRST NIGHT OF THE TOUR!” Andrew exclaimed as he raised his fists in the air.

“We can go ahead to the bar while you guys talk to your fans and everything.” Kennedy said as everyone began to stand up.

Everybody made signs in agreement as they walked out of the dressing room. As Cahlen was about to step out of the room, she felt someone pull on her arm and close the door in front of her.

“What the hell?” She asked as she turned to look at whoever she was trapped with.

She stared at his sweaty and lanky frame. His hair was wet and disheveled. His eyes held a certain look that she couldn’t entirely understand.

“What are you staring at, mouth—“ She was abruptly cut off by his lips landing on hers.

Instead of pushing him away like she knew she was supposed to, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. His hands gripped her hips as their tongues danced together. He pushed her against the wall and ran his hands under her shirt. She wrapped her legs around his waist, intensifying the make out.

“John!” Nick called out as he stood in the middle of the crowd.

“Yeah?” John asked from the edge of the crowd, trying to avoid the attention as much as possible.

“Can you check if Halvo is inside?” Nick asked since he hasn’t since the bassist once after the show.

John simply nodded before heading back into the venue. He made his way through the hallways until he reached the room that was being used as their dressing room. He opened the door and did not expect what he saw.

Cahlen’s legs were wrapped around Halvo’s waist as he used the wall to support her. They were so into the kiss they didn’t notice John enter the room. He stared at the two people before him. Instead of interrupting their moment, John decided to walk out of the room and straight to the bar. He quickened his steps as he felt pain in his heart. He scolded himself because he shouldn’t feel like that but he was thankful because now, hating her wasn’t so hard anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! I am sorry for taking super long in updating this story but school is starting again and so time is pretty tight. However, please leave comments too because it is hard to continued without some love.

I apologize for the length of the chapter since it isn't super long but it will pick up. I promise.

Also! Please check out my other story Aplomb. It is a John Oh story as well and it needs some love.