Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter nineteen

The previous night had been crazy. Or at least, John assumed it was. He could barely remember the night after drinking five shots of tequila the moment he got to the bar. By the time everyone else go there, he was on cloud nine with alcohol running his systems. He hadn't seen Cahlen at the bar, but it wasn't like he was looking for her or anything. So, it didn't really matter to him.

All that mattered to him now was the bright sun going through his windows. He groaned as he slowly rolled off his bed and landed on the floor with a loud thud. His hands searched for sunglasses, as his body tried to get enough energy to get up. Carefully, he stood up and stumbled as his head pounded painfully.

He made his way to the kitchen, somewhat leaning on the walls for support. The room began to spin and he rested his hand on the island counter to stabilize himself. After a few deep breaths, everything stopped moving, and he was able to open the fridge. Unfortunately, it was bare. He hit his forehead on the fridge, and tried to make food come out from thin air. It didn't work. So he dragged himself to the shower and got ready since it seemed like he was going out for breakfast.

Voices and sounds bounced around the restaurant and flooded his ears. He tried to rest his head in his hands and willed everyone to shut up, but it didn't work. Instead, it seemed like the noise intensified, making his headache even worse.

"Look, Kaykay! It's Johnny boy!!" A familiar voice stood out against the rest.

John lifted his head and saw the bright eyed toddler running towards him. A small smile formed on his face, but it soon faded as he saw the white bandage on the little boy's head.

"Hey there, Little Man! What are you doing here?" John said with as much energy as he could.

"Kaykay and I are just here for lunch!!" The little boy replied, bursting with energy.

Soon, the red head appeared behind the toddler, and rested her hands on his shoulders.

"Come on, Frankenstein." She said softly. "John seems to be busy, and you're hungry remember!"

"Why can't we eat with John?" He asked, his sea green eyes wide and teary.

"Because he has things to do, so let's not disturb him." She replied, starting to pull him away.

"But I want to eat with him!" He exclaimed, and pulled away from her grasp.

"Well then, why don't you ask him?" She told the little boy, hoping John would tell them to go away.

"Can we eat with you Johnny John?" Frankie asked, sending John big puppy dog eyes. "I really enjoyed the last time we hung out!"

John looked at the little boy, then looked at Cahlen for some sort of guidance as to what he should do. Instead, she was staring at the ceiling, making it a point not to look at him.

"I guess so."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it's been years. Four years, I think? I randomly stumbled upon this again, and thought, why the hell not. I haven't written in forever. This should be fun. So, if any of you readers are still out there, I hope you enjoy this, and the next chapter I am planning to write up and post tonight.

Um, so yeah. As aforementioned, I haven't really been writing, so I hope the quality is still good, and that you still enjoy the story. Also, I do not exactly remember what is supposed to go on in the story. I remember having a very intricate plan for this, but I am not so sure. I'll try to look for the file in my old laptop, and set it back on track. If not, I still remember the important stuff, so I'll just go from there. Lastly, I honestly don't know how often I can update. I am in college now, and life is way more hectic than it was four years ago, but writing is such a stress reliever for me, so you never know. I'll just do my best to keep updating regularly until I finish this story.

So, that's it! Thanks for reading and checking out this story!