Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter Four

Another week has passed and to put it simply, Kennedy and Garrett were back at the top of Cahlen’s list of good graces. They dragged her out and about of the Anderson residence daily. Sometimes they took Frankie if Mrs. Anderson didn’t already have plans for him. She was really enjoying have him around.

The news of Cahlen’s arrival spread around the town quickly. Her leaving all of a sudden surprised everyone and it was quite a controversy. Her being back was about just as controversial as her leaving. Of course another reason why it was so controversial was the fact that she didn’t come back alone.

The news on her arriving alone hasn’t really spread as quickly as the news of her arrival because of the fact that some refused to believe it. But just because they weren’t sure if it was true doesn’t mean people didn’t tell others, it just meant it would take a longer time to reach those who really needed to hear it. Well, the time finally arrived.

Six men were crowded around a circular table in a small restaurant. The hot air from outside was heating up the restaurant. Sweat ran down all of their faces as they were all anxious to leave the crowded area.

“So, to sum everything up, you won’t have a fall tour this year.” Peter, the Maine’s manager, told the boys around him. “You’re next tour will start either late January or early February of next year. You have more or less four months to rest. You’ll be doing some shows here and there but nothing big as of now. I’ll keep you guys updated but for now just enjoy your break.”

The five members of the band nodded their heads and said their goodbyes before shuffling out of the cramped restaurant. They gathered around on the sidewalk as they breathed in the warm Arizona autumn air.

“So that is quite a long break.” Jared said to the rest of them.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Kennedy replied with a shrug. “I don’t mind though.”

“Me too.” Garrett said, joining in the conversation.

“The two of you don’t mind because you’re spending all your free time with Cahlen Anderson.” Pat said, letting the name slip before instantly regretting it.

All four heads turned to the tallest of them all. The sun shone on his light brown hair and dark sunglasses covered his sea green eyes. His tall and thin frame was slouched slightly as he waited for his friends to continue their conversation.

He never understood why they were so careful with her name or her around him. It wasn’t like he’d go all psycho on them just because of her being brought up in the conversation. He really didn’t care about her. He could care less if Kennedy and Garrett hung out with her. It was just like high school and throughout most of his high school life, he didn’t care much for her.

“Is it true she has a kid now?” Jared asked, seeing as how he didn’t react to her name but at that he went all rigid.

He had heard the rumors too. Cahlen came back and she has a three almost four year old kid with her. Once he heard the rumor, he couldn’t sleep properly because he had to know the truth. He knew he could have easily asked Garrett or Kennedy but he needed everyone to think that he didn’t care. Curiosity had been killing him though and so he is glad that Jared asked that question.

“Yeah, he is a cutie—“ Kennedy started to answer but was abruptly interrupted by an obnoxious ringtone.

Garrett sheepishly took out his phone and began to speak rapidly. He was on the phone for around three minutes and when he hung up, he looked directly at Kennedy.

“I need to go to the hospital.” He said. “Trey did something stupid and I need to be there.”

“Okay, I’ll drop you off.” Kennedy replied as he took the keys to his car out of his pocket.

They bid farewell to their bandmates and not too long after, they too left. The tallest of them all slowly got into his car. He could feel his whole body shaking as he started the car. His mind was wandering as he pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road. There was only one place he could think of and that was exactly where he planned on going.

He wasn’t thinking as he drove into the familiar street. His heart was just pounding in his chest and he could clearly hear it echoing in his ears. His car slowed to a stop in front of the house and he slowly got out of his car. His footsteps seemed slow and heavy as he walked up to the door. He felt as if time was moving all too slow but also way too fast. He felt like his heart was going to explode as he brought up his finger to ring the doorbell.

He patiently waited for the door in front of him to open. As he stood there, he realized he had no idea what he was going to say. He ran a hand through his hair and let out a deep breath. He rang the doorbell again and tried to form sentences in his head.

Just as he was going to ring the doorbell for the third time, the door opened. At first he stared into empty space before he looked down. There stood a little boy around half of his height. His light brown hair was wet and combed back, revealing his sea green eyes that stared at the giant before him.

“You’re not Kennedy or Garrett.” The little boy said to him.

He stared at him. Shock overtook him. He looked at the boy who looked almost just like him. Well, maybe it was just the hair and eyes but it still unnerved him.

“Can you speak?” The little boy asked, bringing the older one out of his thoughts.

“Yeah, I can.” He said before clearing his throat. “Is Cahlen home?”

The boy nodded and just continued to stare at him. He shoved his hands into his pockets and let the silence go on for awhile.

“Can I see her?” the giant asked.

“Who are you?” The little boy asked, ignoring his question.

“Uh, I am a friend from high school.” He replied.

“Are you sure?”

“I think so.”

With that, the little boy shrugged and disappeared into the house. The light brown haired boy stood outside the house awkwardly, waiting to be instructed on what to do. Soon enough the little boy returned.

“She said I am supposed to let you in.” he said and opened the door wide enough to let him in. “But you are only supposed to stay in the living room and I am supposed to watch you.”

He entered the house and followed the little boy through the familiar house. They ended in a room that brought many memories to his head.

“Just sit here.” The toddler directed, pointing to one of the many empty seats in the room.

He did as he was told and watched the little boy gather multi-colored lego. He stacked them one on top of each other, creating a tower. He continued to disassemble it and start all over again.

“What are you making?” the older one asked.

“An indestructible fort!” The boy replied with joy before his mood quickly switched. “But it keeps failing my test.”

“Can I help?” he asked.

“Sure,” he replied and made space on the floor for him.

He folded his legs beneath him as he sat across the toddler. Together they worked with the lego and made an indestructible fort. The stronger of the two tested it by lightly punching it and when it remained standing the smaller one jumped up and danced around.

“It was pleasure doing business with you…” The giant trailed off as he realized he didn’t know the boy’s name.

“Frankie,” the little boy replied with a smile. “And you too…”

He opened his mouth to tell Frankie his name but someone had beaten him to it. As he turned around he saw her standing there. Her dark copper hair was tied into a messy bun and the loose strands framed his face perfectly. Her usual white skin was a bit pink from being exposed to the sun too much. Her lips formed a small ‘o’ as she stared at him from across the room. And her bright blue eyes stared at him with so much emotion leaking through.

“John,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating over the weekend! I was out of town so here is the update. :) Please comment it means the world to me. Also, I apologize if it is a little confusing.

Thank you to theloveinmyclub (and to answer your question, yes I will), BUSTANUT, StolenSerenade, and love war;.