Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter Seven

A loud thud echoed around the house as Cahlen landed on her knees. Tears were flowing freely and showed no signs of stopping soon. Her cheeks were stained and her outfit was getting soaked with each passing second. Sobs that she tried so hard to keep inside were escaping her mouth. Her breathing was ragged and she could feel a dull ache in her chest.

Whore.

The word kept appearing in her head. She’s been a called a whore a million times so it was nothing new to her. She heard it throughout her whole high school life, especially around the end of her senior year. She’s most probably heard it from John the most, though. He was always the ringleader when it came to people insulting her. He was the first person to ever call her a whore and he was always so defiant about it too. But never in her twenty-one years has the word hurt her as much as it did at that moment.

She wasn’t even sure why it hurt so much. It was a fiery burning ache that began in her hurt and spread throughout her body. It ran through her veins and made her body shake. It brought tears to her eyes and with every drop she could feel the pain intensify.

It must have been everything that was causing her to cry. She hasn’t cried this bad since she was in high school. She barely shed a tear in the last four years and now everything was coming out. Pain, anger, and sorrow came out all at once and there was nothing she could do to stop it. It was overpowering her.

Eventually, the crying subsided and Cahlen could calmly breathe. She wiped the remaining tears from her eyes and carefully stood up. When she was steady on her feet, she ran a hand through her hair and walked to the nearest mirror.

She looked at herself. Her hair had gotten considerably darker over the years and it now fell in messy waves. It was tangled and a tad bit oily. Her white skin was tinted pink and freckles could be found every inch. Her pale lips were dry and chapped and she ran her tongue over it as an attempt to bring some color and life to them. Then finally, she stared into her bright blue eyes.

They were bloodshot and puffy. Her blue iris stood out more and she saw some tears gathered at the corner of eye. She saw the fatigue she felt, the knowledge she gained over the years, the pain that had hurt her so much and of course the anger that burned inside her.

No one in the world has brought so much pain to Cahlen’s life as much as John Cornelius O’Callaghan the fifth has and because of that she hated him.

As soon as John was out of the house, he stormed down the walkway and entered his car, slamming the door shut. He shoved his key into the ignition and drove away, disregarding all speed limits. He mindlessly drove. Despite the speed of his car, it was unable to keep up with the pace of his mind.

He drove in silence. The only sound he could hear was the purr of the engine and his heart trying to escape from his chest. It was beating so fast that if his mind wasn’t racing right now he would rush himself to the hospital.

He kept driving until the scenery around him became sand and cacti. He slowed down before driving off road and turned off the engine of his car. He let out a loud groan as he slammed his palms against the steering wheel of his car. He rubbed his temples before running his hand through his short brown hair.

He opened the door and got out. Every movement he made practically screamed anger and frustration. He walked a few feet away from his car and just stood there basking in the warm sun. he let the it wash over him as he outstretched his arm. He stood there for a few moments before sitting down.

He sat there and let his mind wander. He relished the peace that surrounded him and was glad the only thing he heard was the gush of the wind that chilled his burning skin. He sat there until the sun dipped into the sky and the moon rose high above him.

The whole time his mind was buzzing. He can’t believe that all this time he felt bad for what he said when it turned out to be true. He felt bad because he thought he was saying lies. He was doing it for their sake. He risked everything and broke his heart for her. Of course she didn’t know that because his actions seemed heartless and she most probably hated him for that. That was the point though. He did it so that she would hate him because he knew he was no good for her. Four years of regret and guilt wasted to find out she was no better than him.

His heart was broken and now it was finally fixed. Hate had brought his heart in one piece again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So John isn't that much of an ass...

So thank you to theloveinmyclub, keriberry234, and love war; for commenting! I really appreciate it. :D I get all excited when I see that there are comments... :-"