Status: Active

Soldier

Fire and Ice

Message received 29/ 07/ 2049 – 20:40

Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favour fire
But if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate.
To say that for destruction, ice
Is also great
And would suffice. - Robert Frost
So what do you say, little Enya? Fire or ice?


Five minutes later: 20:45

They burst through the door. His arms never moved from around her and her fingers stayed tangled in his air, so they stumbled through, locked in a passionate embrace. To anyone else it would have looked like they’d done it before, maybe even a normal routine. But this had been spontaneous, a frantic act to relieve the mounting tension.

He kicked the door shut behind them and slammed her against the small cupboard so hard that the handle hit the small of her back painfully. Still they didn’t stop. She felt trapped in his arms, like she couldn’t breathe and yet she couldn’t resist him. She grabbed at his shoulders, pushed him around so that he was up against the wall instead. He kissed her harder, forcing his tongue between her lips, stopping at no boundaries. He was desperate for it, hungry so hungry, for something... he didn’t even know what. So he fought harder, intentionally hurting the girl as his hands tightened around her, to pull her even closer. Now she was past caring, no matter how hard she tried the alarm bells wouldn’t stop ringing in her mind. She gave him one last shove and collapsed backwards onto the bed, her arms instantly moving around herself. The tears on her cheeks scared her and her shaking hands immediately rushed to the silver cross hanging round her neck.

She couldn’t even bring herself to look at him. It had only lasted five minutes and she hated knowing how she had waited for it to happen for so long only to never be able or allowed to enjoy it. He said nothing either, but let his anger and frustration blaze through his empty eyes. He clenched and unclenched his fists, took a deep breath and then at last trusted his voice to speak.

“You used to be mine,” he whispered, his voice catching in his throat. He reached out to stroke her cheek, touching her ever so gently as if she were a glass doll, and then he was gone, slamming the door behind him, leaving her in complete darkness.

The girl took a deep breath before lying back on the cheap hotel bed. She was prepared to fall asleep right there and then, but her cell began to vibrate. She reluctantly eased it from her jeans and glared at the tiny screen, already knowing what it would say.

Message received 29/ 07/ 2049 – 20:51

Fire and Ice who will win? I knew the answer before the game even begun. Where’s your strength little Enya?


Ellie swallowed nervously, holding the cell tightly to her chest. She glanced around her, her eyes wide in the dark, but there was no one there - just her and her fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not all chapters will be short, and I know this chapter may have started off with some confusion, but all will be made pretty clear soon (: I have a really strong idea for this story and I can only hope it turns out well. Please do leave any comments or criticism, any advice is really helpful and well appreciated :)