Dear Diary, I'm Not Normal

Fifteen

"Yay! You kissed him!" Alecia screamed into the receiver of the phone at me.

"Ha...yup!" I said back.

"You don't sound excited," she noticed my edgy tone.

"Oh, I am. Just a little awed I guess," I lied.

"Oh I see. Well I'm very hap-" I heard a voice in the background. "Alecia, get off that phone! It's past midnight!" "Fine fine!" "I gotta go Ry-Ry, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

My heart sunk a bit, "okay, bye." the line went dead.

I stared up at my ceiling, laying down on my bed. A moment or two past before I grabbed my diary again.

Dear Diary,

Tonight was amazing. Daniel was amazing. I think I really do love him. I'm just concerned about the kiss. [Yes he kissed me!] Ha...Alecia kissed me first. Not on purpose of course! But she was teaching me what a kiss should be. It was kind of funny...
I'm just wondering why I got so...jumpy...when Alecia kissed me and not as much when Daniel kissed me. Maybe-maybe it was because I wasn't expecting the Alecia kiss. Yeah that's it. I knew the Daniel one was coming. And maybe all those suggestions that you are supposed to get fireworks and shit the first time isn't true. Maybe it just takes time! Yeah.
Anyway...
Daniel makes me feel so special. He called me beautiful. (: I wonder what's going to happen between us....

---
A week went by and things between Daniel and I were amazing. He'd walk me to class and hold my hand in the hallway. He'd also invited me for pizza down by the docks on Friday, which I told him I'd love to go to.
My other friends were good, too. Everyone was happy. I was happy.

I think.

Friday came around and everyone decided to go out for pizza. After we were done eating, we hung around the docks. Daniel pulled me over away from everyone else and let me sit next to him on the edge of the dock. He held my hand and looked very nervous.

"Riley," he started.

"Daniel," I mimicked, smirking. He gave out a shy laugh.

"Riley, I've wanted to tell you this for a long time," he began. "I just never had the guts to."

"Mhm..." I waited anxiously.

"I love you, Riley."

My heart stopped for a second.

"You..do? Really?" I asked, stupidly.

"Yeah," he blushed. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled, "yes." He smiled as well, then leaned in and kissed me again.

I waited. I felt a little spark. I got so happy, I jolted a bit, making myself unstable on the dock.

Still kissing Daniel, I yelped in the back of my throat, and noticed I lost my balance. I let go of Daniel and fell into the lake. Daniel fell in too and we were soaked in the moonlit lake. We laughed hysterically, while floating up and down. Our friends came over and stared at us funny, before helping us out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, new chapter much?
Wonder who still reads.