Status: Comments = Updates

Death or Victory

001

Six Months Previous

“With all due respect Sir, I don’t think I’m the right person for this job,” I kept my gaze down and my voice steady, something I had learned to do early in the game. I was nervous, but who wouldn’t be in this situation? I stood about ten feet in front of his large desk and stared at the floor.

“And why is that?”

“I feel like someone more qualified would suit the mission better than I could, Sir,” My voice kept its respective tone.

“Then we’ll just have to persuade you a bit, now won’t we?” I looked up. A sadistic grin etched itself on Adrian Klein’s angular face. Adrian was the CEO of Better Living Industries and the man that I answered to. His dark, evil eyes held amusement, but I stood my ground. He stood from his large chair and walked slowly around to the front of his desk. He leaned back and rested on the edge, then crossed his arms over his broad chest. Adrian was an attractive man, I couldn’t lie about that, but he was uglier than a troll on the inside. He was so twisted, there was past the point of no return. His dark, slicked back hair shined in the artificial lighting. He gave a chuckle.

“Sir, I refuse to do this,” I spoke boldly. His gaze hardened as he took a step towards me. He continued forwards until he was menacingly close to me.

“We’ll see about that,”

+

A swift punch was delivered to my face, successfully splitting my bottom lip. Blood trickled down my face as my head snapped to the left. A heavy throb pushed its way through my face. I spit out a mouthful of blood and looked up to the man who was delivering the never-ending punches. He had a grin on his face and another punch was delivered to my stomach. I doubled over, my legs failing me. If another man wasn’t holding my arms behind me right then, I would have fallen to the floor. I coughed up blood onto the waxed floors, making puddles. My head hung. Blood dripped from the tip of my nose and onto the floor with splat noise as it hit the tile. The sound of wheels squeaking brought me back.

“I’m hoping you’ve had a change of heart?” When I didn’t reply he sighed. “No? Alright, then. Have it your way,”

My arms were restrained as the man behind me yanked me up to my feet. I could hardly hold myself up, but I didn’t have any time to dwell on it before my head was dunked into the tub of liquid. The water was so cold, it felt like my face was being pricked by thousands needles. The water was tinted red from the blood escaping my mouth and nose. I screamed, letting giant air bubbles escape my mouth and roll over my face to the surface. I tried to thrash my body around, but their holds were too tight. When it felt like I couldn’t hold my breath any longer, I was pulled up by the back of my hair. My bangs and the front portion of my blonde hair stuck to my face. I gasped for breath, coughing up water and blood.

“Hm, I don’t think she really understands, boys. Carry on,” Adrian said nonchalantly with a wave of his hand.

“N-” My head was shoved back under the water. I tried squirming, but that only resulted in the men pushing me further into the tub. The last of my air was leaving my lungs and I thought that I was going to die right then and there. I was finally yanked out by my hair and thrown to the floor like a piece of trash. My clothes were soaked from being thrown in and out of that damn tub, making me slide from the force. A gun cocked as I opened my eyes.

“Accept my offer or the consequences will be dire,” I tried to swallow the lump in my throat, but it just wouldn’t go down. I wiped my hand under my nostrils to wipe the dripping blood away and nodded my head dejectedly, knowing that this was the biggest mess I had ever gotten myself into. “Good. Take her to room 6 for transformation. Project Raging Glory is about to commence.” With that, he turned on his heel and exited out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always welcome!
:)