Fly With Me

Coming Clean

My relationship with Travis was unlike anything I had ever been through. Some days were ups, and some were downs, but all in all, it was amazing. I loved him unlike no other, and to be honest, I wanted to spend forever with him. People like Travis didn't walk into my life too often, and quit frankly, no one like Travis had ever walked into my life before, and I knew that no one would. He was one of a kind, and I couldn't figure out what exactly I did so good to deserve him. I was lucky, and I knew that. Travis started acting strange about five months into the relationship, and I was getting scared. In the beginning, Travis told me he was the one with trust issues, but I was beginning to think I was, not him. I walked over to his place, we needed to talk. I wanted to know what was going on with him. I knocked on his door, and he looked a bit surprised when he saw that it was me. He let me in, and I went straight to the couch and sat down, and he followed. "Whats up?" he asked. "We gotta talk" I replied. "Yeah, we do" he said as he looked down, and I knew from that very second, that this night wasn't going to turn out good. "listen babe, I think its time for me to come clean" he started, and for some reason, I listened intently. "I mean, I haven't been the most faithful, and I don't know how else to say this. Plain and simple, I've been cheatin', believe me" he continued, and the tables turned, instead of me falling more with every word he said, my heart was breaking, with every word that came out of his mouth. "What?" was all that I could manage to get out of my mouth. "this isn't easy. Especially since you've been so good to me. The hardest thing I've ever done is tellin' you you're not the only one" he continued, and the tears came flowing out of my eyes, and I hid my face in my palms. "Oh my god" I cried into my hands. "just understand this, you made a man out of ignorance, and like a boy i toyed with innocence, this double life's not worth livin', and I apologize" He said again, and I got up, and stood, looking at him. "Please tell me this is a big joke" I said, tears still streaming from my face. "Please, don't tell me its over" he said, and I just looked at him confused. "I.. I'm sorry, but it is. Travis, you totally just fucked up my trust, big time. I don't think I'll be able to forgive you" I said as I started for the door, and that's when I heard him punch the wall. "YOU'RE JUST GONNA WALK OUT? YOU'RE NOT GONNA TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS?" he yelled, and I whipped around to look at him. I saw the blood trickling from his knuckles, and to be honest, I thought he deserved it. "Oh, we already talked about this, Travis. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I PUT INTO YOU, JUST SO YOU COULD GO BEHIND MY BACK AND FUCK SOME OTHER CHICK? I'M SORRY, TRAV, I'M NOT A BITCH THAT'S GONNA SIT AROUND AND MAKE GOOD WITH YOU OVER THIS! I CAN BE RUTHLESS!" I yelled back, and he just looked at me, not saying a word. "That's what the fuck I thought. Cat got your tongue?" I said as I squinted my eyes, looking at him. "Why cant we just forget about this?" he asked, and I laughed as I shook my head. "Making amends is out of the question, Travis" I said as I turned the door knob, and opened the door. I stopped in my tracks, and turned back to him. "When you were with her, I hope when you looked into her pupils, you saw my reflection" I said before slamming the door and walking out. I couldn't believe this. I didn't know if I was more upset, or pissed off. I thought he was different, but like always, I was proved wrong.