Fly With Me

Liquor Store Blues

I was feeling tremendous pain the next couple of days, and just like any normal person, I tried everything to make the pain go away. I think I went through three bottles of Jack Daniels a day. I finished up the last bit of the bottle I had left, and sighed, as I set the bottle on the coffee table. I got up and grabbed my wallet, and headed to the liquor store around the corner. I could smell the whiskey seeping through my pores, and I was quite intoxicated, which made me amazed that the store actually allowed me to buy the bottle, and didn't kick me out for being over intoxicated. I staggered out of the store, and winced a bit as the sun hit my eyes, and I walked home. Needless to say, I fell asleep pretty early that day, and when I woke up, the sun was down and the moon was up. I sat by the window, looking up at the bright full moon, and just cried. I missed Travis so much, and I was so hurt. If I didn't give a shit about my beliefs, I would of been there with him, but I didn't feel like I could forgive him, just yet, if ever. I knew he was also hurting, multiple friends had told me so, and I wanted him to hurt, I wanted him to feel like I did. My heart was shattered in about a million pieces, and the feeling alone made me want to carve my heart out of my chest, and just leave a cold cavity where it used to be. I don't think I had ever felt that much pain in all of my years. I felt used, and so many other things, but hurt on top of the list. If it weren't for the pills, I don't think I would of gotten any sleep at all. All my life, I heard the term, 'Time heals everything' and so, I was waiting for that to be proved to me. Some days went off without a hitch, and some days were bad, and each night, I was amazed that I lived through the day. Often times at night, I found myself talking to the moon, as if the fact that Travis was looking at the moon would make him be able to hear my words, and I knew my neighbors must of thought that I was crazy. It was about nine-thirty on a Friday night, and I had been slacking on the basic necessities that I needed around my house, so I walked to the grocery store. I walked down 34th street, and sure enough, coming my way, was Travis. We shared a glance for a moment and I put my head down as we walked by each other. Once I passed him, I brought my head up, and looked behind me, and he was standing there looking at me. "Please talk to me" he said quietly, and my eyes watered up. I haven't smelled his scent in so long that I almost forgot what it smelt like, and as it reminded my nose, I got flooded with memories. A sob escaped from my lips, and his arms were wrapped around me. "I'm so sorry" he said as he held me. I came to, and slithered my way out of his arms. "Do you still love me?" he asked me, and I shook my head, which I know he took the wrong way, because his eyes started watering, "I will never stop loving you" I said, a sob following the last word of my sentence, and I turned and ran to the store. It was true. I would always love him, no matter what happened, He brought out a side of me that I never knew existed, I did change when I got with him, but I changed for the better. I felt bad for running off, and leaving him standing there, but if I stayed any longer, I would of had a breakdown, and in a way, I wish I would of had the breakdown, because maybe then, I would feel better.