Fly With Me

Live Forever

Travis tried to call me, but every time he did so, Id let my phone go straight to voice mail, and he would never leave a message. I needed to get out, get my mind off of things, and so I called up Stormy, and talked her into going clubbing with me, but the more I drank, the more I thought about Travis. I had to forgive him, not for him, but for myself. Seeing him hurt was enjoyable in the beginner, but the longer it went on, the more it ate at me. I knew everyone made mistakes, and most people got over them. I looked over at Stormy. "I'm so sorry, but I have to go" I said, and she shot me a smile, she knew what I was up to, and so she nodded. As I turned my phone on, I noticed that I had a new voice mail message, so I dialed the number, and put in my pin while I was walking to Travis' house. "I been staring out this window for the past eleven hours, thinking of all the opportunities this window has to offer, from the twenty third floor and a filing cabinet east Manhattan and FDR is beautiful as I'm watching all the cars passing. I booked this room at this place called the last resort, all my bags are packed, I got my jacket and my passport and a first class ticket to the afterlife, you dig me? Now are you or are you not with me? And I fully understand if you've got other plans, but I can't see you hand in hand with another man. I been on auto-pilot since we last spoke, and I don't wanna board this flight on a bad note. I want you to think about it, but either way, I'm going and if you really love me, then here's your chance to show it." That's what I heard. I gasped. I wish he would of said where he was, and the more I thought about what he said, I knew exactly where he was. He mentioned the FDR, and there was only one hotel that overlooked the FDR in Manhattan, and it was very close. I ran to the hotel, and got his room number. The elevator took so long. "COME ON!" I said as I punched the wall of the elevator. Finally the slow box reached the twenty-third floor, and the doors opened. I ran to the room and ran inside. Travis was looking out of the open window, and I walked up and put my hand on his back, causing him to jump around. I looked him dead in the eyes, and I took his hand, "Baby, listen I understand. You don't have to leave, plus I'm scared of heights. So just put down your luggage, and just forget this flight." I said as I kissed his cheek. " You and I, you know we been through a lot of things, but it's no reason to start trippin' and arguing. you are my king, and I place no one above you, and I don't have to board a plane for me to show I love you. And all this talk about the afterlife is kinda creepy, so let's just go lay down and talk, I'm getting kinda sleepy" I continued. He half smiled at me, and the two of us walked to the window, and he closed it before looking up at the moon in the sky. He wiped a couple of tears from his face, and turned and looked at me "I swear, I can see the stars twinkling in your eyes" he said. "I saw this couple earlier, and they looked so happy, and it made me think of you" he said with a smile. "I'm sure they were cute, but they were no you and I" I said before I brushed his cheek with the back of my finger, and the two of us walked over to the bed, hand in hand, and laid down. I placed my head on his chest, and traced his ribs with my finger, and he had his arm around me, drawing figure eights on my back. "I love you" he whispered, and I smiled to myself, "I love you too" I said breathlessly before he kissed the top of my head. "Can we forget about this, and put it behind us?" I asked. "Yes" he replied. It was quiet for a few moments before he spoke again, "Does this mean you forgive me" he asked, and I shifted myself, and laid my head on the pillow next to his, and looked straight at him, "Yes, I forgive you" I said, and he pressed his lips to mine, and kissed me deeply.