Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter eighteen

Gary and I returned to the gym. We headed inside and saw a group of partygoers still going. It was only about 2am, to party goers this was still early. However the group of people still drinking/dancing was a lot smaller than when Brock first walked in for the surprise.

Ash, Brock, the cheerleaders or Brock’s younger sister Cindy was nowhere to be seen amongst these partygoers.

“Do you know how you’re going to approach the situation?” Gary asked me.

“Um, sure, I guess. I dunno, I should probably go find Ash first.” I replied, not wanting to think about what would happen when I approached Ash.

“Okay. Do you want me to help or…?” Gary trailed off, looking towards the door.

“Yes. You should come. I need moral support.” I said to Gary, smiling weakly.

He just shrugged his shoulders but sent me a nod to inform me he was okay with that.

I then went past the partygoers and found myself heading into the house part of the gym. Gary and I had been outside all night, in such a small town it was doubtful that we would have missed them. At least one of these three parties were still in this building.

We didn’t have to search far. The sounds of a male crying were echoing off the walls, and when we made our way further down into the hallways, a lot of people were crowded around the room where the crying was coming from.

Upon our approach, Cindy, who was outside the room saw Gary and I approaching. She quickly approached us, and ushered us into her room, locking and shutting the door.

“Yes, that’s Ash crying in there.” Cindy said, as Gary and I were shooting her quizzical looks.

“What is he crying about, anyway?” I asked curiously, my face beginning to soften and I felt a little sorry for him.

“You, of course.” Cindy replied, emotionless.

“I don’t know WHY he’s the one crying, he bought this on himself. He needs to man up.” Gary scoffed.

“In a way, you are right. But this isn’t your relationship so BUTT OUT. It’s Lily’s choice to make” Cindy said, stepping up to the challenge.

I decided to intervene before this got serious.

“Guys, it’s okay. Um, if I get some more information from Cindy I’ll know how to handle this and what to do.” I said quickly, before Gary could argue.

Both Cindy and Gary nodded their heads.

“Well um, he was hitting on those cheerleaders and they were flirting back, yes I’ll admit. Just as things were about to progress he quickly pulled out, and exclaimed he was going to bed. We let him go, but when Brock went to check on him about an hour ago he was found hysterically crying, saying he ruined things with you.” Cindy explained.

I took it all in and then looked at Gary for support.

He wiped away his smirk and uncrossed his arms, raising them above his head the way a person does before arrest.

“Don’t look at me, I don’t know what to do. It’s up to you to decide if what you did was worse or not.” Gary said.

“What are you on about? What happened?” Cindy asked, looking between Gary and I with a smirk on her face.

“That’s my cue to leave ladies. Thanks for the good night Lily, I had a nice date. Here’s my business card, should you ever feel the need to call me again.” Gary confidently said, flicking a business card into my folded arms, before unlocking the door, and strutting down the corridors to the exit.

Cindy quickly ran to the door and locked it again, before hissing, “What did he mean?”

“Eh, it was an inside joke. Some person thought we were on a date, so we joked we were on a date.” I casually replied, trying to shrug it off as well as I could.

“And is that all that happened?” Cindy asked, cocking up an eyebrow, as if reading my mind.

“We um, might have kissed too.” I said quietly in fear of being heard (although it was impossible over Ash’s crying) and a blush creeping over my face.

“Omigosh! What! Who are you going to pick, Ash or Gary? This is such a hard choice for you! Besides tonight, Ash was such a cutie, and Gary is such a hottie. I feel so bad for you!” Cindy exclaimed, patting me on the shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m gonna go with Ash. Apparently it was only to get back at Ash or something, I don’t know. But um, I should probably go see how Ash is and finally face this crap.” I sighed, heading towards the door.

“Awww! He’s obviously remorseful, you still like him, and you’re going to now fix the relationship. How cute!” Cindy beamed.

I rolled my eyes as I went through the door. Two seconds ago she was loving the ‘drama’ and now there was no drama she was happy for the ‘happy ending’ what was up with that chick.

I nervously walked down the corridor to the spare room where Ash was now sniffing.

I gave a knock, and Brock (who was comforting Ash on the bed) and Ash, looked up at me.

Ash wiped his eyes and sniffed in order to look presentable to me. His eyes didn’t light up and he didn’t beam, but to be fair he didn’t’ know what my intentions were. For all he knew, I could be breaking up with him.

“I’ll leave you guys to it.” Brock mumbled, jumping up from Ash’s bed, patting me on the shoulder and shutting the door as he walked out.

I went and sat on the bed.

“Hi…” I nervously stammered out to Ash.

“Hi.” He replied back.