Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter nineteen

Last night Ash and I talked everything out. He easily apologised for everything, and said he was a drunken idiot and would make it up to me. I then realised how much I liked him, and agreed with Cindy. He was a cutie.

Besides, it would have been hypocritical to dump Ash for flirting with some cheerleaders, when I flirted with Gary last night and even kissed him. Gary was right though, that kiss was healthy. I feel Ash didn’t owe anything to me now.

I was however, very tired. We were up until about 3am talking things out. Then we finally went to bed and Ash woke me up at 6am to get an early start. I had some coffee and a shower, which put me in a good mood, but it was now 8.30am and the coffee had worn off. I wasn’t cranky, but I was definitely tired from only 3 hours sleep.

Apparently Ash couldn’t wait to get home though, and if we kept up this pace we’d be in Pallet Town in five days or perhaps even less.

I was excited for Pallet Town too. Ash’s mum sounded really nice and I couldn’t wait to meet her. I was also excited for a permanent bed for longer than one night and a home cooked meal. It was fun to be camping and doing things differently, but I was ready to settle down now and let my adventures in the great outdoors wrap up.

The main thing now in our way between Pallet Town and our current location was Viridian forest. This forest was apparently maze like and travellers could easily become lost. Ash said he had gone through it a few times now so we’d be okay, but it was still time consuming on foot, and was impossible to fly over because the trees were so thick, not even light could squeeze through.

Then from Viridian Forest was Viridian City where we may or may not spend a night depending on the time we get there. The walk between Viridian City and Pallet Town took less than a day apparently, Ash telling me an anecdote of it only taking a few hours when he was first ten because a flock of Spearow were after him, and this was how he first met Misty.

“Are you scared of bugs? You should have seen Misty when we first walked through here. Oh boy!” Ash grinned.

“Certainly not! Besides, my Eevee or Shellder could take on those weak bug Pokémon!” I confidently stated.

“Since when did you have a Shellder?” Ash asked me.

I gulped. I couldn’t lie to him, it was pointless. I hated liars (hence why I disliked Mum and her affair guy) and the lie would eventually surface.

Now I did tell Ash that I spent a lot of the night with Gary, and he saw us leave together. I also did state we saw the museum and had a Pokémon battle. I failed to leave out the fact it was a date, and we kissed though.

Although Ash and I cleared the air last night, it was under the assumption we would never bring that night up again. So it was awkward I had to mention it now, but I had no other choice.

It was also awkward to admit his enemy gave me a Pokémon. I’d have to try and word it so Ash would not get angry, and things would continue to be right between us.

“Eh, it was the Pokémon Gary used to battle with me. I won, but the Shellder hated Gary so much it refused to get into the pokéball until I told Gary I’d take it off his hands. Besides, Shellder really got along with Eevee and it wouldn’t hurt to have another Pokémon on my team.” I shrugged.

Ash then literally fell onto the floor laughing. I grinned, he looked cute.

“That’s my girl.” He said, catching me off guard by putting his arm around my shoulder and capturing me into a warm hug.

Ash got closer to me, showing affection by tucking my hair behind my ears and softly brushing my cheek. He then slowly leaned in until our lips were parted no more, giving me a very soft yet passionate kiss.

I kissed back but then my heart began to sink. I knew the reason why. I was feeling guilty. I had gone through similar processes with Gary, his rival, last night.

I parted the kiss after a while, and gave him a guilt-ridden smile. Ash, not picking up on it, smiled back at me.

I was about to get into the mood and swallow down my guilt when Ash quickly stepped back. I shot him a quizzical look, but he wasn’t looking at me anymore.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, containing my hurt.

“I think I saw a super cool Pokémon out of the corner of my eye! I’m going to go chase it!” Ash exclaimed, not taking any time to apologise or explain where he was going as he bounded off.

I stared off at his quickly moving figure as it got further and further away. I could have followed him, but decided not to. This place was like a maze, and I’d rather not get lost due to his foolish actions. It was better to stay in the same spot and wait for him to come back.

I decided to get one of my Pokémon out to amuse me while I waited for time to pass. I looked at the two Pokéballs in my bag. Usually I’d get Eevee out, but something was just calling for me to release Shellder. It wouldn’t hurt to get to know him either.

“Shellder!” Shellder happily said, after I released him.

He began to bounce around my feet, looking excited to be released from the pokéball.

I sat down, and leaned against a tree. Shellder sat in front of me, and I sat and stared at him for a few minutes.

“Shellder, I know you don’t like your previous owner, but you are a symbol of him, to me at least. He gave you to me because he knew you preferred me over him.” I mumbled to Shellder.

Shellder stopped jumping around, and stood still to look at me.

“I have a feeling I’m going to bring you a lot.” I mumbled again.

I hated to admit it, but I had a fascination with Gary. Maybe not a crush, or anything romantic but I was still infatuated with him. He intrigued me, and he was a good person to be around, I only had seen him a few times but he bought out the best in me.

Because Shellder was a symbol of this, Shellder was the next best thing I had to Gary. Therefore, Shellder would now be spending a lot of time outside his pokéball.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Pretty.Reckless for the inbox!