Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter twenty

“Will she like me?” I asked Ash, as we were packing up our bags at 7am in the morning.

We spent a little longer in Viridian forest than we expected to. The plan was to spend two days in the forest, spend the second night in Viridian City, leave bright and early the next day and be back at Pallet town for dinner.

That didn’t happen. Even though Ash had been through Viridian Forest before and was older and wiser than last time, we still got lost. Ash was irritable and I could tell he was almost trying to start arguments with me to take his anger out on something, but I knew his intentions after living with my mother, and stayed clear and tried to stay chirpy.

Luckily though, after wandering around we found a very old friend of Ash’s he met when he was ten – Samurai who lived in the forest. He gave us some food and shelter for a night on the grounds that he and Ash had a rematch from a battle when they had when they were ten.

Apparently their last battle ended when a swarm of Beedrill attacked them. It was a draw and nobody won.

This time there was a winner. Ash managed to barely beat Samurai’s now Butterfree in a tough and intense battle. Samurai said Ash had come a long way, and definitely showed his care to Pokémon a lot better.

Because the Pokémon battle took a long time, and Ash and Samurai caught up we ended up leaving the forest on the third day and spent the night at the Viridian City Pokémon centre, which was empty this time of year as all the new starter trainers had long passed here by now.

So we got up early today in order to be at Pallet Town by tonight.

“Are you kidding? My mum will love you. Professor Oak mentioned to her I had a girlfriend, apparently Gary told him, and she’s already keen to meet you and has promised not to embarrass you.” Ash smirked, as we made our way out of Pokémon centre.

“Not embarrassing you and liking me, there’s a difference.” I stated, scrunching up my nose.

“Seriously babe, it’s okay. She’s nice to ANYBODY that’s in my life. Gary would tease me in front of her, and just because he’s Gary Oak she’d be nice to him and think very highly of him. Considering I’ve picked you as my girlfriend and you’re nice to me, she’ll love you.” Ash stated.

“Awww you used a pet name! You said babe!” I beamed.

“Yeah…I did. I care about you, a lot. And I know my mum will too. Even if you weren’t my girlfriend, who wouldn’t love you?” Ash said, giving me a side hug.

“Alright, I’ll buy it. Just for now, because as we get closer I’ll start to freak out again.” I grinned.

***

“You can do this.” Ash warned me, taking my hand and squeezing it, not letting go as he sent us bounding through the door.

We were thrust into a modest sized house. It was pretty small, with a very small kitchen, dining area and lounge, with some steps leading upstairs which I guessed would be the two bedrooms in the house.

I blinked as I came face to face with a Mr. Mime, as Ash skidded to a halt and I stopped just in time.

“Mime?” The Mr. Mime stated, cocking his head to the side.

“Mimey! Are they here?” I heard a female voice say, and watched a female bound into the kitchen the same way Ash bounded into the house.

Ash’s mum was a total MILF, to put it simply. She had the same eye colour as Ash, but had light brown hair. She seemed to have a good shape for her age and having a child, and was very, very pretty.

“AWWW IT’S MY BABY! AWWWWW!” Ash’s mum said, running over to him and giving him one of the biggest bone crunching hugs I had ever seen someone receive.

This was short however, as she dropped Ash to the ground as soon as she turned to me.

“You’re so much prettier than Professor Oak said you were! I can’t believe my little man has a girlfriend! First he goes on his Pokémon journey and has heaps of adventures without me, now he has pretty girls interested in him!” Ash’s mum exclaimed, running over to me and squeezing me tightly.

“Mum! You said you weren’t gonna embarrass me!” Ash whined.

“This isn’t embarrassing is it? I’m just stating you picked a definite winner,” Ash’s Mum said “Oh, and call me Delia.”

“Nah, this isn’t embarrassing at all, I think no less of you Ash. I just think your Mum is absolutely awesome and very kind.” I said to Ash, in an effort to cheer him up.

“The two girls gang up and pick on me.” Was all that Ash mumbled.

I looked at Delia who only sent out a giggle, thinking her son was having a big joke. She was wrong though; I knew exactly what he was doing. He was being bitter things weren’t going his way. They were going favourably, but favourably or not they were not his way, and that’s all that mattered to him.
“So Mimey is cooking dinner now, he’s making your favourite Ash! It tastes very nice, I promise. Lily will be sleeping in the lounge room; the couch is a pull out couch that we will pull out later tonight. But for now, why don’t you show Lily around the house and make her feel welcome? She’s welcome to stay as long as she would like.” Delia stated.

“Yeah! Come on Lily, I’ll show you my room!” Ash brightly said, his mood shifting from annoyed to happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright depending how things go, this story MIGHT be getting extended from 40 to 45 parts, because I want Lily and Gary to spend time together, considering most of my stories end when the two characters get together (This was previously going to be 25-30 parts)