Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter twenty one

I had done it! I had caught a Rattata. The very next morning Ash and I made our way into route one, with intentions of walking through the grassy areas to find Pokémon to catch or battle, and taking the speedy way back to Pallet town in order to be home for dinner.

Ash had only battled but not caught any Pokémon, his Pokémon being far too strong for the weaker Pokémon found in route one.

However, using the Shellder that Gary gave me, I caught a Rattata. I had also been able to give Shellder and Eevee more experience, and battled them both properly for the first time in their lives.

It was a very productive day, as Ash and I now made our way back into Pallet Town and into Delia’s front gate, coming back earlier than anticipated as it was only 4PM.

“Awww hi guys! How did your Pokémon journeys go?” Delia asked us.

“It was alright.” Ash shrugged, not being enthusiastic about the low-levelled Pokémon.

I however, was in a good mood.

“It was great! I got to train both of my Pokémon, and I even caught a new one!” I exclaimed.

“You can take it to Professor Oak tonight’s then and have it looked at by him. We’re going over in an hour or so for dinner, Gary has returned to Pallet Town today and Professor Oak suggested we all catch up over dinner.” Delia exclaimed.

“Awww Mum do we have to! Can’t we just sit here and get Mr. Mime to cook. He’s an excellent cook, why ruin a good night with going to Professor Oak’s?” Ash whined.

Delia’s Mr. Mime beamed at the compliment Ash gave him, but then frowned and mimicked Delia as she began to scold Ash. I kind of slinked away, collapsing onto the sofa admiring Rattata’s pokéball as Delia scalded Ash.

“Go have a shower Ash! And don’t take too long, I’m sure Lily wouldn’t appreciate you hogging the bathroom, that poor girl probably hasn’t had the luxury of using a bathroom to freshen up for a while.” Delia barked at Ash.

I had to smirk, she was right. I had missed the luxury of normal bathrooms to clean myself in, but I also knew I’d want a little more time than I should probably be given to make myself look nice for this dinner tonight. This dinner that Gary Oak would be attending.

***

Delia, Ash, Ash’s old friend and Professor Oak’s assistant Tracey and I were all in the lobby, waiting for a certain grandson of Oak’s to grace us with his presence. He was late, but that was something that none of us were shocked about.

Ash was whining about being hungry, and was whining that his Pokémon had already been fed and he had yet to eat.

Rattata had been looked at and healed by Professor Oak and had been fed some Pokémon food. It had already warmed up to me and was sitting on my lap, I’m guessing being a low-levelled Rattata in the wild was tough.

Just as Ash had gone into his tenth rant, the doors to the lab blew open and Gary strutted in. He said nothing but took one look at Ash and I sitting on the two seat sofa and squeezed himself in between us.

“Why if it isn’t my favourite couple, Ashy boy and Lily.” Gary grinned, putting an arm around Ash and an arm around me and pulling me into him.

“Get off me!” Ash screeched, shoving Gary off the sofa.

“Ash! Be nice!” Delia screamed at her son, who once again whined, however this time was about Gary.

“How about we all go to the dining room where I will dish out the food I have prepared?” Professor Oak asked, in an order to defuse the situation.

We all made our way into the kitchen and dining room area and took our seats. Professor Oak was at the head of the table, Ash was on my right, Gary was right in front of me and Delia was seated next to Gary.

Professor Oak bought all the food onto the table, and I politely waited as Ash scooped copious amounts of food onto his plate. Professor Oak went next, then Gary insisted Delia and Tracey go.

Then it was just Gary and I’s plates that were empty.

“I insist you get your food first Lily. Ladies first.” Gary smirked at me.

“I appreciate your kindness Mr. Oak, but I really don’t mind. I’m not really that hungry, I can wait.” I beamed, truly regarding his kindness.

“Nonsense. You leave me no choice but to up the gentleman act.” Gary smirked, getting up from his chair and coming around to my side.

He then grabbed all the bowls the food were laid out on, and filled my plate with the various amounts of food from the table, so I wouldn’t have to reach over and fill up my plate. It was a kind act, but it was hard to imagine Gary was doing this out of the kindness of his heart, only as a way to look good in front of Delia and Professor Oak.

“Thanks.” I smiled warmly at Gary anyway; it still meant I didn’t have to grab food off the table.

Now that everybody had their food, we all began to dig in. It was quite delicious, and it was great for a real home cooked meal for once. I found it quite rude when Ash exclaimed it wasn’t as good as Brock’s cooking, it was uncalled for and nobody could beat Brock’s cooking. Besides, Brock cooked on open fires and this was a roast, done by the oven.

As I was modestly eating my peas, I felt something touch my foot. I ignored it as I continued to eat, but looked at Gary’s smirking face. When I felt whatever it was touch my foot again, I discreetly looked under the table to see Gary’s foot rubbing against mine, in a ‘footsie’ like fashion.

I then darted my eyes to his figure, and he didn’t change his expression as he continued to rub my feet.

I felt bad, but I rubbed his feet back with my own, entering the footsie motion with him.