Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter twenty six

I ran onto the field to clutch my Shellder, as the bug catcher called his Beedrill back.

“Gary, what do I do?!” I asked Gary frantically, holding my poor Shellder in my arms.

“Because it’s been poisoned, you need to use an antidote, or take it to the Pokémon centre. I take it you don’t have any antidote?” Gary asked me.

“No! I didn’t even know we were going to battle trainers!” I cried out.

Gary kneeled down next to me, taking the Shellder from my frantic arms and patting my back in a way to comfort me.

“Lily calm down. It’s going to be okay, I promise.” Gary said to me, digging through his backpack.

He pulled out a very small spray bottle, and held the ill Shellder in his arms. He extended Shellder a little away from his body, and sprayed the spray onto the ill Shellder.

He then passed Shellder to me.

“From experience, he’ll be just fine I know it. However it takes a little longer for weaker Pokémon to heal. We’ll stop in at the Pokémon centre before we go back to Pallet, but for now the antidote will do.” Gary explained to me.

He was right, even though Shellder still looked ill I could already see him begin to heal.

“How does that sound buddy? I can put you in your pokéball to rest, and we’ll check you in at a Pokémon centre soon?” I asked Shellder, who only gave me a weak nod in response.

I got his pokéball out and threw him in, before tossing my pokéball back into my backpack. I then turned back to the bug catcher, who I forgot all about.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Water gun to fight Twineedle are you serious? Then you don’t even carry around potions or antidote? You’re a horrible person and a horrible trainer, and you don’t even deserve Pokémon!” The bug catcher shouted at me.

I didn’t reply. I couldn’t. The lump in my throat from Shellder’s illness was already threatening to surface, if I opened my mouth to talk, tears would only come out.

“Hey, hey, hey. Ease up, alright? It was her first real Pokémon match against a trainer, and I think she fared pretty well if you’re oh, so experienced!” Gary stated, jumping up to the challenge.

“No she didn’t, she put her Shellder in danger because of her ignorance.” The bug catcher rudely spat at Gary.

“I know, it’s okay Gary, he’s telling the truth.” I choked out, before letting the tears fall freely.

“See, she knows. Now please kindly release your Pokémon, as you’ll never amount up to anything.” The bug catcher spat at me.

I began crying a little more, he wasn’t even easing up as I admitted my mistakes. I had learned a lot today, did he really have to torture me like this?

Before I could react though, Gary took the reigns. He grabbed the bug catcher by his collar, and shoved him against a tree.

“I’m only going to say this once. Lily is a good trainer. She treats her Pokémon with respect, and has only recently started battling. Do you understand this?” Gary asked, with a rage I had never seen him unleash before.

“Do your worst! I’ll get my Beedrill to poison YOUR Pokémon if you like!” The bug catcher laughed at Gary.

“I was thinking about settling it with our fists, but if you insist, we can battle.” Gary shrugged.

He dropped the Bug Catcher, who quickly picked himself up and scampered a safe distance away from Gary. His fear turned to an arrogant smirk, as he called out the Beedrill that had poisoned my Shellder seconds ago.

Gary mirrored his arrogant smirk, saying nothing as he threw out his pokéball in a fancy, yet apathetic manner.

As the pokéball hit the ground and bounced back, a flash of light in the form of what definitely would be an intimidating Pokémon appeared. I was correct too; when all was clear one of the toughest, meanest looking Blastoises I had ever seen appeared.

“So, think your Beedrill can defeat my Blastoise?” Gary smirked arrogantly.

“Um…you know what? I just remembered my mother wanted me home early. You’re right, I was pretty mean to Lily. I’m sorry, and I hope your Pokémon gets the care it needs. Beedrill, return!” The trainer said, returning his Beedrill before turning around to run off in the other direction “Bye!”

“Forget Gary, that was all due to Blastoise.” I giggled, going over to Blastoise to stroke his shell.

The Blastoise was mean looking and if it were anybody else’s I would be fearful. However, I knew it was Gary’s, and I knew it would be nice to me.

“Hey, I was willing to punch the guy out, he insisted on the Pokémon match. Where’s my praise?” Gary asked me.

“Well, you did let your arrogant demeanour down for a second to show immense anger. That is an effort for you.” I teased.

“Damn straight it is” Gary laughed, agreeing with me.

“Thanks though, seriously. That jerk did get me down, and he kind of deserved what he got. I’ve never really had many friends, and no one has ever stood up for me before.” I awkwardly stated, looking down.

“Not even Ash?” Gary asked.

I looked back up at him, a chuckle coming from my lips.

“There hasn’t been a time where Ash has needed to defend me in such a way. But no, I don’t think he would go to such extremes.” I confessed to Gary, a small smile on my face even though I was running down my boyfriend.

Gary grinned, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

“Then why don’t you reward me with a kiss?” Gary asked me.

“Um, I’m not sure…I’m not supposed to…last time only happened because you were really nice to me and Ash had something wrong!” I defended quickly.

“Hey, I just nearly punched a guy for you, that’s nice enough. Besides, he abandoned you for some stupid Pokémon competition, he has done something wrong. All I’m asking for is a friendly peck, what’s the matter?” Gary asked me.

I made eye contact with him for a few moments. I knew I shouldn’t be kissing him, but his less than subtle attempts of convincing me that it was OK was working well with the fact I had a very obvious crush on him that I was failing to push to the back of my mind.

“Okay, a friendly peck wouldn’t matter.” I shyly smiled.

“Great then!” Gary exclaimed.

He then pulled me closer into him, as he still had his arms around my shoulders. I fell into him, and he then met my lips with his.

I really was expecting a quick peck, nothing more. However I was wrong when he tightened his grip on my shoulders so I couldn’t pull away.

If I really wanted to, I could have shoved him away and called him a jerk. However, I wanted this kiss more than anything right now.

I made the first move to pass off the innocent kiss as a make out session as I opened my mouth first. Gary took no time at all to explore my mouth with his tongue.

I was making out with Gary Oak, my life was now complete.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, this story was going to end like 25-30, there's still SO MUCH more to come!