Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter three

While the crowds in the arena were beginning to walk out, I stayed behind. If I could stay in here as long as I could, it was less time spent in the cold outside. I got a drink from the drink fountain, and went to the toilet. When I got back from the toilet it was almost empty, and I knew time was wearing thin before I’d have to leave.

“Hey, I didn’t get your name before!” I heard someone yell out.

I knew they had to be yelling to me, as the place was nearly empty. I turned around, and saw the girl I was seated next to before. She was now with that Ash guy, and some other guy I didn’t see before.

“Uh, it’s Lily.” I said, trotting over to the group.

“Lily, what a beautiful name! You are the flower to my soul!” The unknown male said, invading my personal space and kissing my hands.

“If you don’t get out of my personal space this instant, lilies are what will be put on your grave.” I growled, unimpressed at his behaviour.

The girl sent out a hearty chuckle, before she tugged the guy back by his ears.

“Ahem. Anyway, I’m Misty! And this is Ash and Brock. You actually have the same name as my sister” Misty introduced, and Ash gave a small wave.

Brock was still in pain and shock from both Misty’s ear pulling and my threat.

“Thanks for cheering for me before!” Ash brightly stated, offering his hand for me to shake.

“Haha, yeah no worries. I really hated that Cole guy with a passion, so I guess I passionately wanted you to win.” I giggled, accepting Ash’s hand.

“Where are you off to tonight?” Misty asked me.

“Um, I have no plans. I’m kind of, locked out of the house until midnight.” I smiled softly.

“Well we’re setting up camp in the bush area on the outskirts of the city. Would you like to join us for a while?” Misty offered.

***

I showed the trio the best place to set up camp on the outskirts of the city. It was fairly close to my home, but it was also a great place with a great view. I had a lot of ‘picnics’ here with Eevee some of the times when Mum kicked me out of the house.

“So Lily, do you have any Pokémon?” Brock asked me.

“Yeah I do. Just one. An adorable little Eevee. I’d bring her out but she’s at home.” I smiled, just thinking of her.

“That’s cute. Have you ever gone on a Pokémon journey?” Ash asked me.

“Don’t even ask me about that.” I replied, my eyes twitching.

I watched Ash, Misty and Brock exchange nervous glances, and Ash shrugged as an awkward silence filled the air and we all glanced into the campfire.

“Alright, it’s not that big of an issue I guess. I can’t do a Pokémon journey. I just can’t. My father abandoned my mother and I to go on his very own journey. He left my mother and I by ourselves, tarnishing my mother and I’s relationship. I have no friends, and no family. I spend all my days alone; the only people to keep me company are my Internet friends. Even then they sometimes abandon me to go on journeys.” I sighed.

I felt two hands go onto my shoulder, one was Ash’s and one was Brock’s.

“We know how you feel.” They said in unison.

I now felt kind of stupid. I finally had company tonight, and all I could do was bask in my misery. I hadn’t had many people to discuss this with, though. If I ever tried to approach mum about my loneliness she would get angry and pin the blame on me. She hated that I had no friends, and that her lover had to pay me to keep me out of the house.

But now I was spilling my guts out to a bunch of strangers about how much of a loser I am. Nobody likes a whiner, sigh.

“But hey, life goes on right?” I weakly grinned.

“It’s okay Lily. My father and mother left me to look after my 9 brothers and sisters, all for Pokémon journeys. Ash’s dad did the same, he left Ash’s mum and Ash as a young kid to pursue his dream.” Brock explained to me.

“WHAT?! You had to look after 9 kids?! You were okay with that?” I asked, very shocked.

“No, I wasn’t. But what else was there to do? It wasn’t my younger sibling’s fault their parents abandoned them to pursue their dreams. My dad eventually came back to look after them, but the moral of the story is that it’s okay to go when the time is right, you’re doing the right thing yourself. Why punish yourself?” Brock asked me.

“You don’t understand I-“ I began, but Ash cut me off.

“Brock is right! My mother let me go when I was 10! She was fine with me going, because she knew she had friends back in Pallet Town to keep her company. She didn’t want to hold back on my dreams, and she’s proud of me.”

I had to hold back a giggle at the thought; yeah my mum had her lover to keep her company.
“Guys, it’s okay. It’s never been a dream of mine to be a Pokémon trainer. I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything, really.” I said to the trio.

“Then what are you going to do over the summer holidays? You mentioned you had summer holidays before.” Misty said, raising an eyebrow.

“Summer school. You know, getting a good head start for senior year!” I said in a very faux cheery voice.

“Lily, you should join us!” Ash suggested cheerfully.

“I-I don’t know Ash. I spilled myself to you about my loneliness before, so you must understand this is difficult to turn down. But after the information you’ve given me tonight, it’s only just sinking in that maybe I could start a Pokémon journey. It’s something that would have to be given thought, time that we all just don’t have at the moment. This is a big grudge I’ve held for a long time. I don’t think I can start on a Pokémon journey overnight.” I replied.

“Don’t see it as a Pokémon journey. See it as travelling, that’s what Brock and I do really.” Misty smiled at me.

I weakly smiled back, but decided not to reply.

“We’ll be leaving here around 1pm tomorrow after lunch. If you’re interested in coming.” Ash stated.

I also smiled at him, but didn’t reply, knowing full well I had no intention of joining him, Brock and Misty.

“How about I cook us some good camp fire food before Lily has to go home?” Brock offered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, obviously I'm using Brock and Misty, because they rock.