Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter thirty two

It was around 6.00pm. I had ventured out of Pallet Town into route 01. It was only a fifteen-minute walk from Ash’s house, and I decided to get some Pokémon training in. Ha, me, Pokémon training? A few months ago I thought I’d never train Pokémon to blow off steam, but here I am now.

I decided to train Eevee, as I haven’t been able to bond with her as much as usual. I missed hanging out with her, and decided to give her a workout while I was here. It was still light, it wouldn’t start to get dark until 8.00ish, so I still had plenty of time.

I had noticed Eevee had definitely gotten stronger, as well as more confident. Granted it was only weak Pidgeys and Rattatas, she could now easily beat them, without any struggle. She had become a little cocky as she used her moves as well.

“She is stronger.” I heard Gary’s voice say, as I turned around.

“Oh my god! You scared me until I realised it was your voice.” I said to Gary.

“Good, that was what I was going for. I went to the Ketchum household to see what was going on and Delia said you were going for a walk. I figured you’d probably be here.” Gary stated to me.

“Wow, you know me well. That’s awesome.” I smiled.

Gary did know me very well; he’s definitely proven that before. It was nice. Back in Saffron City I had no friends, so no one took the time to get to know the real me. It was awesome to have someone like Gary in my life, he was more of a boyfriend to me than Ash was, and if things go smoothly, soon he WILL be my boyfriend.

Eevee cooed before Gary could reply, earning both of our attention. When we were both looking at her, she tackled into me, knocking Gary and I into each other.

“Pokémon…perfect wingmen.” Gary smirked.

Eevee then barked at Gary.

“Sorry…perfect wing woman.” Gary corrected, making me giggle at how much his personality had changed since I first met him.

“Eevee never did any of this stuff with Ash though…she must really like you.” I stated.

“Or she knows you’d be much happier with me than him, so she’s doing all of this.” Gary suggested, not accepting the compliment like his usual arrogant self would.

“So um…what happens now? I’m going to go into the Ketchum residence tonight and break up with Ash. I’m sure Delia would let me stay as long as I want to, but it’d be a little bit weird and disrespectful to Ash if I hang around there.” I awkwardly stated.

“Yes Lily, you can come over tonight and stay with Gramps and I for as long as you need to.” Gary laughed, reading me like a book.

“Yay! Thank you!” I celebrated.

“On one condition. Be my girlfriend?” Gary proposed, catching me off guard, making Eevee yap happily.

“Wait…what? I mean yes! But what about Ash? I haven’t broken up with him yet. Isn’t it illegal to have two boyfriends? But I want to be your girlfriend, yes, but I don’t want to…” I rambled but Eevee’s yapping cut me off.

“Eevee…thank you. Lily, calm down. It’s okay. It’s not illegal to cheat, the jails would be full. It’s only illegal to marry more than one person. As for still being with Ash, if you’re only scared about doing the moral thing now, it obviously isn’t very important to you.” Gary said to me.

“So are you saying we’re building a relationship based on immorality?” I asked Gary, cocking up an eyebrow.

“Well, technically we are. You’re dumping your boyfriend for his enemy. But in reality it’s not at all. He treated you wrong, I treated you right. You’re leaving the guy who treated you wrong for the guy who treated you right. So just agree to be my girlfriend, you pretty much already are.” Gary smiled at me, a genuine smile, not a cocky grin.

“You’re only asking now so you can say that Ash’s girlfriend cheated on him with you then left him for you. I’m technically two-timing right now.” I blushed at Gary.

“Well…I’d like to call what you just said an added bonus to the fact that I’d like to make you my girlfriend as soon as possible.” Gary confirmed.

“Well then…yes!” I squealed, bounding up to Gary and giving him the biggest hug I could muster.

We were about to seal the deal with a kiss, but something happened. Something I had seen before and knew exactly what was happening, but had never happened to me.

Eevee was evolving.

I wasn’t sure exactly what she’d evolve into. It was night time now really, however it was still light. It was exciting to be surprised about whether she’d evolve into an Espeon or Umbreon. Most Pokémon owners knew exactly what would happen the second they saw their Pokémon evolve. Not me.

When the light disappeared, I saw Eevee’s new form. An Espeon.

“Wow. Lily, congratulations! It’s rare for Eevees to evolve into Umbreons and Espeons; Gramps was surprised when my Eevee evolved. What a special way to mark the moment. You go Eevee! Err- Espeon.” Gary corrected.

“Wow, I feel ready for anything. I’m glad you seem happy Espeon! I think now is the chance to confront Ash. Is that okay, Gary?” I asked him.

“Okay Lily. Good luck, I hope it’s easy dumping your other boyfriend. If you need backup, give me a yell.” Gary joked, embracing me into a warm and tight hug.

“Thanks, I guess we can walk back together.” I weakly smiled.

***

I stepped into the house. Espeon was back in her ball, and I was ready to face Ash.

“How was your walk, dear?” Delia asked me.

“Productive.” I smiled, as I walked past her to go to Ash’s room, even before I could receive a reply.

I knocked on the door, and received no reply. I contemplated whether to come back later, but knew this was it, I had made up my mind and I had to do it now. Besides, Gary had already asked me out. The sooner I do this, the sooner I can be happy with Gary. School starts again soon; I need all the time I can get with Gary.

I took a deep breath, and entered Ash’s room, trying to ready myself for the task ahead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness! I keep forgetting to post this story on Mibba when it's posted on Quizilla, forgetting I started this story on Mibba before Quizilla.