Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter seven

Over the next week I settled in well with the Pokémon journey life. Bathing in lakes seemed normal, the long walks every day seemed to get easier and being around so many Pokémon became normal.

We were already at Vermillion City, and making good time. We’d probably be at Pallet Town in less than a month, which gave me perfect timing to get home in Saffron City in time for school.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with us?” Brock asked me.

“Yeah, I’m sure. I’d rather just get changed into a bikini and relax on the beach for a while.” I smiled.

“…are you sure? I mean, it is a hot day and I don’t think the people at the Pokémon fan club would care if you came in a bikini.” Brock said to me, which earned a thwack from Misty.

As we were in Vermillion City, it was decided we should probably check out Kanto’s Pokémon fan club while we were here. Well, all except me. I really couldn’t care less about some Pokémon fan club.

Okay, I don’t hate the idea of a Pokémon fan club. It sure beats training and battling, and the people in these clubs prefer contests over battling. But contests were only a step up from battling; I hated them nearly as much. Blergh.

I came onto this journey for the travelling, not Pokémon. It was a warm day, why would I miss this opportunity?

“I feel guilty.” Ash mumbled, looking at his feet as we arrived outside the Pokémon fan club.

“Why?” I asked him.

“I feel as if we’re ditching you. It’s a ten minute walk back to the port, and we’ll be here for a while and-“ Ash began, but I cut him off

“-it’s okay! Really! I’ve been an independent person my whole life, I think an hour or two alone won’t kill me, considering up until a week ago I spent 17 years alone. I’ll be fine!” I reassured him.

“Well, okay then.” Ash mumbled.

Misty rolled her eyes, but sent me a smile and wished me a good time at the beach as she dragged Ash away from me. Brock reluctantly followed the duo in as well.

I began walking back to the port, and let my Eevee out to follow besides me.

I was looking forward to spending some time with Eevee alone. Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate Ash, Misty and Brock and my new found friendship with them, but for the past 12 years it’s been just Eevee and I, and I was still getting used to that.

A short time later, we arrived at the port. Next to the port, was a nice beach with soft sand. I made my way to the public showers, Eevee hot on my heels in order to get myself ready. Outside the showers were lockers for hire. I paid $2 for 3 hours, and entered a pin number. I put everything in there, except for my small bag, which had everything I needed.

I then went into the showers themselves. I changed into my bikini, and tied up my long blonde hair. I applied sunscreen all over my body, but pouted when I realised I still had my back to do.

There was no way in hell I was going to ask some random to put sunscreen on my back and I wouldn’t let Eevee lick it on because that’s just gross.

I decided to wing it and put the sunscreen on my back myself. It was better than no sunscreen, and I made sure to pay special attention to the areas I couldn’t reach very well.

I finally left the showers, with Eevee playfully nipping at my ankles for leaving her.

“Hey!” I said to her, but scratched her behind her ears.

The port was fairly empty today, which I found quite strange. But I took advantage of it, and laid my towel over a deck chair, and then sank onto the deck chair.

Eevee pounced onto my lap and I began stroking her. The warm rays from the sun began to take an effect on me, and it reminded me of the fires we sleep around. I instantly grew tired, and found myself falling asleep.

***

I was awoken some time later when I heard Eevee yapping. I sat up instantly, afraid of her safety.

However, the scene before me was unexpected.

I saw Eevee being petted by a boy who looked around Ash’s age. He was wearing a black polo shirt and purple cargo pants. The thought of such an atrocious outfit makes me snigger, but he actually pulled the clash off quite well.

He had chestnut brown hair that was spiked, with green eyes, and was kind of cute.

Not that I was paying attention or anything…

Eevee was really happy, and actually had jumped into his arms and was trying to lick his face. This was weird.

It wasn’t that Eevee was unfriendly or intimidated by humans. She just wasn’t used to being around so many humans, and was meeting a lot of new people. She also absolutely HATED to be held in somebody’s arms, as I held her too much when she was younger.

But here she was, she actually jumped into that boy’s arms. I had never seen her do that before, not even to me. She usually just rubbed against my feet like a cat if she wanted to put in my lap.

It was then that he noticed the attention I was giving him.