Off the Wall

Chapter 11

“Dude, you and your girl need to sort out your problems,” Olive Sinclair said shaking his head. “You already sound like a married couple.”

Burying his head into his best friend’s couch, Charlie silently cussed. After the huge dispute with Christie, Charlie left in a hurry and called Olive. Without even giving Olive an explanation, Charlie told him to come and pick him up from the local mall and that’s how Charlie landed up on Olive’s couch.

“Seriously,” Olive started. “You were a complete dick to her. I mean honestly, you used the ‘c’ word. Who the fuck does that? Especially to a girl who they’re romantically interested in?”

Charlie mentally punched himself. “I know, I know. I just got caught up in the moment.”

Sitting beside Charlie, Olive looked at him and shook his head. His long black hair bounced and he frowned. “You really like her don’t you?”

“Yes,” Charlie answered back miserably. “It’s so crazy.”

“But you just met. That’s the part that I don’t understand.”

“I don’t understand it either. It’s just like fate or something like that. I mean, Christie just drives me crazy; in the good way.”

“Obviously not after what happened today. You know, with throwing your little bitch fit.”

“Shut up,” Charlie said blushing.

Olive was on a roll. Teasing Charlie had always been a favorite game of his, especially when it came to Charlie’s love life, or lack off. “Dude.”

“What?”

“You almost got it in with her.”

“Oh,” Charlie said. “That.”

“Uh yeah, that.”

“She’s a good kisser.”

“I bet you creamed your pants.”

“I did not!”

Olive laughed. “She’s pretty hot, I must admit. But damn, she’s five years older than you, Charlie. She’s practically a cougar.”

“She is not!” Charlie said hotly.

“Yeah she is. And plus she’s got major baggage. A divorce? That practically sets up a million questions right there. Did you ever find out why she got a divorce and with who?”

“I already told you, no. She started crying.”

“Damn, you’re that bad at comforting someone? I can’t believe you almost fucked.”

Charlie looked at Olive and smiled. “Dumb ass.”

“I’m not the one who almost fucked in a public parking lot and then totally dissed their girl.”

“Thanks man. That makes me feel a load better,” Charlie said sardonically.

Olive sighed. “Look man, I’m just trying to lighten up your problem with Christie. I could tell you liked her the moment you laid eyes on her.”

“I know, I know,” Charlie admitted. “I know I fucked up and I don’t know how to fix things.”

“Why don’t you just go to her apartment and apologize? Get on your hands and knees and beg for forgiveness. Most girls are suckers for shit like that.”

“But she’s not like most girls. There’s something special and different about her.”

“Charlie,” Olive said. He took Charlie by both arms and shook him. “You just met her. The most you really know about her is her fucking name.”

“Olive, just trust me. I know what’s between me and Christie.” Standing up, Charlie smoothed out any wrinkles on his shirt. Sliding his bulky DC’s back on, he stood up. “And I know what I’m going to do to get her back.”

“What is it?”

“I’ll tell you later man. But thanks for everything, you know. Picking me up and listening to all my shit. It means a lot to me man,” Charlie said with a slight smile on his thin face.

“Anytime man, anytime man.” Olive had a modest look on his face. He shoved his hands in his pants pocket and walked with Charlie outside. “Just tell me if anything else happens like this. I can tell you have real genuine feelings for this chick and I want everything to work out for you and her.”

“Dude, you’re going to make me cry,” Charlie said, mocking a tear falling from his eye.

“Well you sure deserve it after today.”

“Man, just shut up and take me home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments! :) Keep 'em coming.