Off the Wall

Chapter 2

Olive shot him an apprehensive look. “Uh, Charlie. You’re my best bro and everything, but that chick looks way out your league, not to mention mine.”

Charlie frowned. “So? What does it matter? It’s not like I can’t go up and talk to her if I wanted to.”

“You do that,” Olive said. “Just tell me when you do so that I can film your rejection,” he said before bursting out in laughter.

Fighting to hold back a smile, Charlie playfully punched Olive on his shoulder. “You’re stupid.”

“Not as stupid as you.”

Image

Loading his skateboard in the back of his silver Pontiac G6, Charlie slammed the backdoor shut, opened up the driver’s seat and closed the door. Putting the key in the ignition, he waited for the engine to start. Fumbling with the radio dial, Charlie switched to random stations until he found one he was pleased with. With the Suicidal Tendencies blaring from the speakers, Charlie put the car into drive, put his feet on the pedals, and began driving out of the parking lot.

Pulling into the crowded interstate, he quickly tugged his hat off and threw it in the empty passenger’s seat. Running one hand threw his sweaty auburn hair, he gripped one hand on the steering wheel and pulled into the next lane. Luckily for Charlie, he lived in an apartment that was only five minutes away from the skate park. Pulling into the parking lot of the apartment complex, Charlie found his usual spot empty and parked in it.

Grabbing his keys, hat, and board, he locked his car and began walking into the apartment. Whistling as he made his way through the building, he made his way up into the elevator. About to press the number that had a twelve printed on it, he was interrupted by a person suddenly climbing into the tiny elevator. Getting a closer look, Charlie recognized something familiar about the woman. Racking his brains, he suddenly remembered.

Standing in the elevator with him was the attractive girl he had seen at the skate park. And by the looks of her and her numerous bags, she seemed to be moving into the apartment where Charlie himself just happed to inhabit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love to hear what you think. :)